CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT-100 No Video Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject: SJT-100 No Video Issue Reply with quote

So, I was modding my system for AV output, then after re-soldering a new cable, the color started popping in and out. Similar to a slightly dragging turntable. It continued for a few seconds, then the picture cut out entirely on both RF and my composite mod.

I tested on an oscilloscope and confirmed there wasn't a usable picture, but I've found a difference when the player was on. (I only got the scope today, so it may have been set up wrong, but don't think it is)

Video of this: https://youtu.be/oB9wPpB6IGo

Has anyone had this issue before? And does anyone know what I can look at to diagnose it?

SJT-100 (not working Sad)
Sears 934.54780150/CED-1 Frankenstein
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume that it's the Video Demodulator. You can order a new one here, but I have not tested it yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394890427985

If you purchase this and try it, please let me know if it works.

videodiscjunkie@gmail.com
TGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the listing ended because it was lost or broken, so I cant buy it.

ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would message the seller. I purchased one and they emailed me afterwords saying they had many in stock if I wished to place a bulk order. I'd be very surprised if they are sold out.
TGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
I would message the seller. I purchased one and they emailed me afterwords saying they had many in stock if I wished to place a bulk order. I'd be very surprised if they are sold out.

I probably will. I will check if there is input and output on that chip though first, but I think you’re right. Looking at the video again, the jump in the oscilloscope likely shows that the amp circuit is working, and is just amplifying nothing.

TGM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I looked at my player again, and noticed that the video demodulator is getting significantly warmer than any other chip on the board, so I assume its dead like you said. So far, I haven't heard anything back from the eBay seller.

If I'm reading https://cedmagic.com/tech-info/rca-to-nte.html correctly, both the video (149036) and audio (149035) demodulaters have the same part equivalent, so I assume that the original parts are cross compatible with each other. Is this the case? Can I switch around the chips already in my player to have an audio chip to decode the video? I'd still have one left to decode audio, so it would just be a mono player. Would this be possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: