CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

playing disc with shrink wrap still on it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:06 am    Post subject: playing disc with shrink wrap still on it? Reply with quote

Ever heard of that? I bought a rollerball and the person stated still sealed and you could see the shrink wrap on it.I couldn't really see from the photos but when I got it along the top where the disc comes out the shrink wrap is open.It almost looks like it had been put into a player (or players) with the shrink wrap still on it. I looked at the disc and it seems pretty good shape.There are some areas that look like maybe it was stored stacked at some point. Playing it the audio was fine the entire time but quite often the video would dis appear or sort of "glitch" and then go back to normal,but during that time sound continued as though nothing was wrong. I eventually turned off the tv and just listened to the audio.I thought I'd play it a few times and see if it doesn't improve.Other discs play fine (I think,been a while since I used it,4 months or so?).
So,I spoke to the seller and they said they bought quite a bit of ced stuff from a 50 year collector that worked at RCA and many of the discs were sealed but I said mine isn't what I consider sealed and it looks like it has been in a player and he said return it. I have about a week and a half to return it so after a few plays I'm going to return it if it doesn't improve. Not sure what is causing the problem because it looks good,not really any scratches or scuffs there's just certain areas have a fuunny look and it just reminds me of possible damage from being stored flat in a stack ,so to speak.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is playing pretty good after playing a few times. The strange look I saw on the actual disc was just more in one area not all the way around and it didn't look like mold on bread but I'm wondering if it is some type of mold ,,or I was also thinking moisture? One thing I do see when playing is occasionally a green horizontal bar will blink every now and then.
I also saw a week or so a UK seller had 3 or 4 sealed pal versions and they were in stereo,but my disc is ntsc (or whatever) and is mono. Is there some reason for that? I have a really good double laserdisc of it also,I'll have to get that out and look at it I thought that would be able to be on just one laserdisc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: