CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Data base website maybe similar to www.lddb.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Uh? Reply with quote

owenatverrs wrote:
Woo Hoo it works!!!! Will be entering more movies tonight. Like I said before, it would come to a screen with nothing displayed with nothing. Thanks a bunch. When will we be able to add the movies to our collection??? Soon I hope. If you want, I can email you movies, that I complete with all the information.

Did it work before or after the additional debug code?

I'm a bit lost here!

Confused

Rgds,
Julien
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After, but now that I look, it still dosent work Sad when I enter in some information it gose to a screen with a text explaining what I changed then nothing. So I have to press the next button. When I do that it brings me back to the listing. I then refresh the list then click on the title. When I look at the chages that should have changed...nothing.....
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owenatverrs wrote:
After, but now that I look, it still dosent work Sad when I enter in some information it gose to a screen with a text explaining what I changed then nothing. So I have to press the next button. When I do that it brings me back to the listing. I then refresh the list then click on the title. When I look at the chages that should have changed...nothing.....

I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that I confirm it's not working in some cases.
The good news is that someone else sent me back a copy of the screen (with debug information) and I could reproduce the problem locally.

I'll analyze step by step what's not working and hopefully come back with a bug-fix within the next 24h.

Let's hammer this bug once and for all!

Regards,
Julien
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LDDb Admin wrote:
I'll analyze step by step what's not working and hopefully come back with a bug-fix within the next 24h.

Fixed!

The problem was that there was a gap in my if/else conditions when an update was containing mistakes that would not lead to a "OK" display, but not to a "Error" display as well. Hence -> blank screen.

Update would work when all the data were perfect but would not as soon as one field was wrong.

This has been corrected on all current formats (LD, CED and VHD) and should not be a problem anymore. I guess the "Release" field was causing problem. Using "1981" would lead to an error message, the proper format would be "1981-00-00". I added some contectual javascript to make this more obvious.

Please try again and tell me how it goes now.

Regards,
Julien
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Anyone with CED discs to make the list a bit more complete? Reply with quote

Hello!

Still slowly processsing the covers (now up to letter F) but very very little updates were posted on CED titles. Nobody here but 2 or 3 people with such information?

If the CED list gets complete enough, then I will merge it with the main LD database, allowing them to be used for Search/Collection/Wishlist/Shops just like any standard title.

Maybe a link on http://cedmagic.com/selectavision.html could be useful?

Rgds,
Julien
7jlong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Julien - apologies for not updating. I could list all the 800 things going on with me right now (solo photo exhibition; working 70 hours; setting up new website/blog; workstation rebuild) but suffice to say - I'm tapped out!

Will try to hold myself to a 5/day title schedule. All my discs are at home while my only computer is in my office, so I have to note all this stuff by hand before entering it! Ugh.

Jim
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated all the titles I own. I had +350 discs before my house fire in 2001. I lost all of them plus a new out of box ced player, countless Laserdiscs and vintage electronics! :*( So I have been trying to recollect my collection.

Also, thanks for all the hard work! I am so glad that this happened! I wish long sucess with the site!

Cheers,
Owen
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:37 am    Post subject: 15 years later... Reply with quote

Hello!

Just wanted to say that LDDb is adding a hardware section that will allow (when everything is completed) to document/collect/sell/buy players/decoders/amps/etc. just like we do for discs (LD, CED, VHD, etc.) today.

Photos were just added yesterday, I made 3 CED players updates as a test:

(with more information on connectors)
Zenith VP2000

(no info yet)
RCA SFT100
RCA SJT200

Happy new year 2022!

Julien
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the technical details got a lot better (+ easier to manage image gallery).

Currently at 40 devices, feel free to add/edit as needed!

https://www.lddb.com/list.php?device=ced&sort=brand,ASC&max=250

Julien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: