CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25th Anniversary of CED Magic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: 25th Anniversary of CED Magic Reply with quote

Twenty-five years ago on the day after Thanksgiving was when the first page of CED Magic went up. It had a hand-drawn image from MacDraw Pro of the CED engineering logo that persists to the present day. I wanted to get some audio files up, as they provide an explanation of where the "magic" in CED Magic came from. So, 25 years ago today I was using a device called the MacRecorder to do some audio captures from CEDs. Interestingly, the MacRecorder icons use a Nipper-like dog listening to a Mac rather than a gramophone.

SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This calls for a celebration! Also I dont think the MacRecorder icon could be any more of an homage to Nipper! That's hilarious to me they would use that for an icon Laughing
71chevyvan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: birthday Reply with quote

happy b"day ced magic
barry
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary Tom and CED Magic! Your site it what made me fall in love with this format and I've been enjoying it for 10 years now. You have done wonders for this format and I hope you continue to Keep the Magic Alive for another 25 years.
Dude111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to have the site still about!!
jmbrinck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! Just received my yearly treasure from Tom Howe ~ this year a black wool cap with embroidered CED patch.

A hand salute to Tom Howe--for keeping CED alive! (BTW I fell into the medium when I seemingly bought 100 "laserdiscs" on eBay. When they came in 15 boxes I knew something was off. They were NOT laserdiscs, but VIDEOdiscs!! Well I couldn't return 15 boxes. So I thought, "What the hell?" I now own and maintain five CED players and nearly 1,000 discs.)
Ced Collector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmbrinck wrote:
I agree! Just received my yearly treasure from Tom Howe ~ this year a black wool cap with embroidered CED patch.

A hand salute to Tom Howe--for keeping CED alive! (BTW I fell into the medium when I seemingly bought 100 "laserdiscs" on eBay. When they came in 15 boxes I knew something was off. They were NOT laserdiscs, but VIDEOdiscs!! Well I couldn't return 15 boxes. So I thought, "What the hell?" I now own and maintain five CED players and nearly 1,000 discs.)

Wow you caught the bug good! Are you going for a full set? Sounds like you're over half way there. Cool
Samson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: Christmas Gift Reply with quote

THANK YOU so much Tom for the nice Christmas Gift again this year.
Please keep up the Great website, it's the best CED Info on the web.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: