CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of titles only available on CED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: List of titles only available on CED Reply with quote

For the last few months, I have been diligently researching which CED titles have only been released on CED and no other format ever, since there's no comprehensive list of them online anywhere, and it's one of the three answers to Tom Howe's first F.A.Q., “Why collect RCA video discs”, here on cedmagic.com. After 25 years of different people asking this question, I think I finally have the answers to it after all these years, so it's "better late than never."

The way that I composed this list is by thoroughly reading the CED title database, looking up each title online, and writing on notepaper which titles I couldn't find any equivalent home video release on DVD, blue ray, VHS, Betamax, laser disc, or any obscure video format.

As of the time of this writing, November 2022, there are still a large number of titles unavailable on any format besides CED. One observation that I've discovered is that there are some CED titles which don't have an identical release on another format, but the actual content was later reissued on different formats, usually with a different title.

In alphabetical order, here is the long list of titles unique to CED, along with its UPC number, and some facts about the title that I discovered thru Internet research.

First is the American releases in the NTSC video standard:

The $19.98 CED Preview Video Disc {76476170219}

A promotional title with short clips and trailers of some of the titles available on CED, which is hard to find. While this title is exclusive to CED, the titles advertised on it are popular Hollywood movies that are easy to find on every home video format.

Aloha Conference: Catch The Wave To The Kona Coast ‘84 {76476170103}

A hard-to-find promotional title which was sent out to the RCA dealers to help them prepare for the then-upcoming holiday to Hawaii by selling the most discs and players.

Aloha Conference: February-March 1984, Session 1 {76476070274}

Aloha Conference: February-March 1984, Session 2 {76476070281}

Two really rare discs with video content of the RCA distributors and dealer owners and employees having fun on the beach in Hawaii, who were the only people they were ever made available to, instead of being sold to the public, hosted by Gary Sleeper, who also produced it. It looks like he has since retired. These three titles have an old Featured CED article about them, and also a section in the Memories Of Video Disc section on cedmagic.com. They are apparently very hard to find.

American Alcoholic / Reading, Writing, And Reefer {76476012083}

This disc has two health documentaries produced by NBC News, which were apparently shown in reruns after their original broadcasts, but were never released on home video again after the CED came out.

As We Grow {76476020316}

This disc is an educational title for kids produced by a studio called Scholastic Productions, Inc., which is owned by Scholastic Corporation, a publisher of textbooks and children's literature. It looks like some of their video productions were released on home video, and also made available to schools, but not this particular title.

Avon Opportunity Unlimited, Atlanta Conference January 1982 {76476995010}

Avon Opportunity Unlimited, Unity 5 Group Meetings {76476600037}

Avon Opportunity Unlimited, Units 1-2-3 {76476995027}

Avon Success Network, Disc 4 {76476600044}

Avon Success Network, Disc 5 {7647660051}

Avon Success Network, Disc 6 {76476600068}

Avon Success Network, District Sales Manager Sales Conference 1982 {76476600518}

I can’t find very much information about any of these titles, or a picture of any of the caddies online anywhere, so they must only exist on CED, and they are likely very difficult to find.

The Best Of Judy Garland {76476120511}

This disc has musical performances by Judy Garland, which are available on different video releases, but there is no other video with this same name.

The Big Fights, Volume 1: Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fights {76476017019}

The Big Fights, Volume 2: Heavyweight Champions' Greatest Fights {76476017040}

The Big Fights, Volume 3: Sugar Ray Robinson's Greatest Fights {76476017064}

These three titles are pugilism documentaries released by ABC Video Enterprises, Inc., containing the most exciting clips of fights, which exist on other releases, but these exact releases are exclusive to CED.

Bullwinkle And Rocky And Friends, Volume 1 {76476021528}

Bullwinkle And Rocky And Friends, Volume 2 {76476021917}

There have been a lot of Bullwinkle And Rocky compilation videos released on home video over the years, but these two releases only exist on CED.

CED Entertainment Sampler {24543983491}

This disc looks like a promotional title released by CBS / Fox Video sent out to the RCA dealers with clips and trailers of some of their movies. Since they were a very big studio which released their titles on all of the available home video formats on the market, the movies and concerts advertised on it are easy to find on other formats.

A Charlie Brown Festival {76476013011}

A Charlie Brown Festival, Volume II {76476013028}

A Charlie Brown Festival, Volume III {76476013035}

A Charlie Brown Festival, Volume IV {76476013042}

While these four exclusive CED titles are compilations of Charles M. Schulz’s animated Peanuts made-for-TV movies, which are typically broadcast during the holidays, it looks like all of them are available on other formats released by Paramount Pictures and Warner Brothers, each as standalone features with only one of the movies on the tape or disc.

Children's Treasures Christmas Collection {42995134964}

Embassy Home Entertainment released each of the three Christmas cartoons on this CED separately on VHS and Betamax, but this CED is the only example of all three of them together on the same multimedia. They were also reissued years later by other studios on DVD and VHS.

College Football Classics, Volume 1 {76476020118}

Some of the games featured on this sports documentary are available on different home video formats, but this release is unique to CED.

Complete Tennis From The Pros, Volume 1 {76476020149}

I own this instructional sports CED title, and both sides of the caddy label proclaim “CREATED ESPECIALLY FOR RCA VIDEODISC.” There is a discrepancy that I noticed on the spine label, which reads “TENNIS: STROKE AND TECHNIQUE” instead of its true title.

Demo Disc: RCA Video Discs {76476070014}

This CED is the very first promotional title ever produced and sent out to the dealers, produced by RCA in 1980 for the debut of the format, and has their slogan “Bring the magic home with RCA!” It has brief clips from 27 of the first 100 CED titles available, and gives instructions for how to operate the SFT 100 W player.

The Devil And Daniel Mouse And Tales Of Fantasy And Science Fiction {76476015176}

This CED was released by Viacom International Inc., and it has some Canadian cartoons produced by Nelvana, which were originally broadcast on TV by CBC. It looks like some of its content was released by Warner Home Video on VHS and Betamax under the title Nelvanamation, but other parts of it are only available on this CED.

Disney Cartoon Parade, Volume 1 {76476007096}

Disney Cartoon Parade, Volume 2 {76476007157}

Disney Cartoon Parade, Volume 3 {76476007171}

Disney Cartoon Parade, Volume 4 {76476007270}

Disney Cartoon Parade, Volume 5 {76476007294}

According to a Disney fan site, these five titles are only available on CED, but the Walt Disney Company has reissued most of their old cartoons and movies many times on every home video format.

The Disney Disc Of Mystery And Magic {76476131487}

This title is an obscure spooky game produced by the Walt Disney Company back in the early 1980s, set in a haunted house, which went out of print after this CED was released, and never released again on any other format. I think it’s also one of the few consumer CED titles with a CED player shown in it.

Don Kirshner Presents Rock Concert, Volume 1 {76476020293}

It looks like some of the episodes of this music TV series were released on DVD, and performances of it were released on vinyl and 8-track tape, but I can’t tell if any of them are the same episodes as the ones on this CED.

The Entertainment Game {76476250058}

This title looks like some kind of game released by Paramount Pictures in a black caddy. It was never reissued on any other video format, and it’s apparently hard to find.

The Entertainment Game - RCA’s Interactive Demonstration Disc {76476170158}

The only reference that I could find for this title is in the old Featured CED about interactive CED titles, which has the note “Pre-release version of retail title.” I don’t own either one of them, so I don’t know what the difference is between this title and the Paramount Pictures game. There’s also no picture of its caddy online anywhere.

Family Entertainment Playhouse, Volume 1 {76476020217}

This CED has two made-for-TV movies for kids produced by the Learning Corporation Of America, The Gold Bug, and Rodeo Red And The Runaway, which have never been officially released on home video other than this disc, but it looks like some cheap, low-quality copies exist of both movies.

Family Entertainment Playhouse, Volume 2 {76476020651}

Another CED released by the Learning Corporation Of America, it has four made-for-TV movies for kids, which only exist on this disc. What’s really weird about this CED title is that while researching these four movies online, I found references to three of them, The Ransom Of Red Chief, Mister Gimme, and Shoeshine Girl, but I can’t find any information online anywhere about Best Horse, which is on side two of the disc.

Gene Kelly And RCA Video Disc {76476070144}

Another promotional title only sent out to the RCA dealers that’s hard to find. It looks like this title is one of two discs hosted by Gene Kelly, and it’s a very short title, only 8 minutes and 56 seconds.

A Golden Era Of College Football {24543370697}

A sports documentary released by Twentieth Century-Fox Video; I don’t see a later release of this title.

Great Cities: London, Rome, Dublin, Athens {76476020521}

A tourism documentary released by the Learning Corporation Of America, which only exists on CED. All four of the hosts in it have died, but they all starred in other work which is easy to find on home video.

The Great Whales and The Sharks {76476032050}

Two National Geographic nature documentaries hosted by E.G. Marshall and narrated by Alexander Scourby; I couldn’t find any other releases of them, which is surprising since the National Geographic Society has released nearly all of their productions on video, and they’re easy to find.

Hawaii & Southern California Sun Vacations {76476601027}

This title must be a tourism documentary, but I can’t find any information about it or a picture of its caddy anywhere online. It’s apparently an interactive title, since the only reference I can find to it is the old Featured CED article on here, which has the note “Test marketed at some travel agencies.”

The Heritage Of The Bible {76476012120}

Two religious documentaries produced by NBC Television and narrated by Alexander Scourby. Side one of this CED features The Law And The Prophets, an episode of an NBC TV series called Project Twenty, which has some of its episodes available on DVD, but not this episode. It was originally aired on Sunday, April 23, 1967. Side two features The Inheritance, which I couldn’t find any information about online anywhere besides a reference in a TV Guide archive showing its original air date and time as Sunday, May 23, 1965 at 2:00 p.m.

The Incredible Machine / Mysteries Of The Mind {76476032012}

Two health documentaries produced by the National Geographic Society and narrated by E.G. Marshall; it’s surprising that they only exist on CED.

Jazz In America {76476121389}

A music concert with no other home video releases besides this CED.

John Curry’s Ice Dancing {76476015107}

Another CED title released by Viacom International, Inc. It was a one-time TV special that’s an episode of a cable TV series called Broadway On Showtime, which ran for only six episodes in 1979 and 1980; this episode is its sole home video release.

The Life And Work Of Michelangelo {76476250034}

An interactive documentary about Michelangelo Buonarroti narrated by Alexander Scourby; I can’t find any reference to this title online anywhere besides an old Featured CED article here on cedmagic.com.

Meet Mr. Washington / Meet Mr. Lincoln {76476012052}

Two presidential documentaries which are episodes of the NBC TV series Project Twenty; side one has Meet Mr. Washington, a color episode narrated by Melvyn Douglas originally aired on Thursday, April 24, 1969. Side two has Meet Mr. Lincoln, a black and white episode narrated by Alexander Scourby and originally aired on Wednesday, February 11, 1959, just one day before what would have been sixteenth President Abraham Lincoln’s 150th birthday. Neither episode has been released on the DVDs of Project Twenty, but Meet Mr. Lincoln has a soundtrack album by Alexander Scourby on vinyl, and also a book with the same title written by Richard Hanser, both released at the same time the show was broadcast.

Memories Of Video Disc {76476627867}

The very last CED title ever produced, and nearly impossible to find. It has both an old Featured CED article and its own main section here on cedmagic.com.

My Seventeenth Summer / Flying For Fun {76476020279}

This CED has two episodes of Big Blue Marble, a syndicated educational TV show for kids produced by the International Telephone And Telegraph Corporation, broadcast all around the world, presumably translated into different languages, and I’m guessing also converted into the PAL and SECAM video standards for different countries . Besides a soundtrack album on A&M Records vinyl and 8-track tape in 1974, the year the show debuted, this disc seems to be the only home video release of any kind for the entire series, and there were never any reruns of the show ever broadcast after its series finale aired on New Year’s Day of 1983.

The New York Yankees Miracle Year: 1978 {76476020125}

A sports documentary that I couldn’t find another release of besides this CED.

N.F.L. Football C.E.D.-1 {76476602017}

One of two interactive CED titles used in a big NFL Football arcade video game cabinet, with a San Diego Chargers vs. Oakland Raiders football game. It's unavailable in another format, and only available to the video game business, not retail consumers.

N.F.L. Football C.E.D.-2 {76476602024}

The other interactive CED which was only available for use in the NFL Football arcade video game, with the Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins football game along with two Miller beer TV advertisements, unavailable on another video format. I can’t find very much information about them besides the old Featured CED article about them.

NFL ‘81 Official Season Yearbook Featuring Super Bowl XVI: 49ers vs Bengals {76476016050}

Although NFL Films has released all the Super Bowls on DVD, some of the documentary content may be unique to this CED.

Picture Music {76476122225}

This CED is a compilation of music videos, and it seems to be another example of a unique CED release which has content widely available on other home video formats.

Quick Dog Training With Barbara Woodhouse {42995110869}

This instructional CED is based on a BBC TV show called Training Dogs The Woodhouse Way, which I can’t find any other home videos of. This title must have been converted to the NTSC video standard from the PAL standard for this CED, so I think it would have been a good PAL CED release for the United Kingdom and Australia.

RCA 1984 Video Systems {76476070199}

Another promotional title sent out to the dealers which has a demonstration of RCA’s TVs, VCRs, CED players, and Digital Command Centre remote control. It’s where the recording of the “Why magic?” quote here on cedmagic.com came from, and where the web site got its name from.

RCA Engineering Demo Disc {76476270087}

I can’t find any information about this title or a picture of its caddy online anywhere, but I’m guessing that it’s an industrial testing disc that is very hard to find.

RCA Video Communications ‘83 - Edition 1 {76476070113}

Another rare promotional title only sent out to the RCA dealers; side one has a demonstration of RCA’s top-of-the-line VCR for 1983, a top-loader with a lot of extra features, manufactured by Hitachi, and a video camera which connected to it, and a training seminar for the dealer salesmen on side two.

RCA Video Communications ‘83 - Edition 3 {76476170172}

Another hard-to-find promotional title for the RCA dealers; side one has a demonstration of RCA’s lineup of video cameras and the Digital Command Centre remote control, while side two has a tour of RCA’s CED factories in Indiana, which is the same tour on side two of Memories Of Video Disc, and a demonstration of the top-of-the-line RCA CED player.

RCA Video Monitors {76476070120}

Another really scarce promotional title for RCA dealers which has a sales pitch for RCA’s top-of-the-line TVs, which use the model CTC 121 series chassis, and suggestions about how to use them with external video equipment.

The RCA Video Disc Preview Album {76476170134}

The other rare promotional title hosted by Gene Kelly, where he’s nicknamed “The Entertainer Of The Year.” It has clips of CED titles. Once again, most of them are popular Hollywood movies easy to find on other formats.

Rocky Mountain Ski Vacations {76476601010}

Just like Hawaii & Southern California Sun Vacations, this one is also another interactive tourism title only available on CED with no information or a picture of its caddy online anywhere, besides the old Featured CED article with the note “Test marketed at some travel agencies.”

Service Alignment Disc {76476153397}

The second of two industrial testing discs sent out only to the RCA dealers for their repair technicians to use for servicing the players, released in 1982; it comes in a blue caddy with a stereophonic soundtrack.

Service Test Disc {76476149239}

The first industrial dealer testing disc for servicing players; it comes in a white caddy with a monaural soundtrack, released in 1981. These two titles are the last Featured CED here on cedmagic.com. Both of them only exist on CED, and they are very hard to find, but there’s apparently some debate on which one is more rare.

The Showdown: Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Thomas Hearns {76476020859}

A CED of a televised fighting match which doesn’t have any other home video releases.

Space Shuttle-Mission Reports STS 5, 6, & 7 {76476250065}

An interactive documentary about NASA, which I can’t find any information about online; the only reference to it that came up online is an old Featured CED article here on cedmagic.com, which states that it’s difficult to find.

Starring Mr. Magoo, Volume 1 {76476030391}

Another example of a unique CED release with the actual content easily found on other video formats. I found another VHS release of the old 1960s Mr. Magoo cartoons which came out back in 1994 with a somewhat similar title, but it’s not the same one as this CED title.

Stereo Demo Disc {76476170028}

One more really scarce promotional CED title only sent out to the RCA dealers. There is a picture of the caddy of this title on the jewel case for the old CED Magic CD-ROM, and back in 1998, Tom Howe wrote about this title, and the two actresses who host it, in CED Digest Vol. 3 No. 22. A recording of its theme song is also here on cedmagic.com. This title is also on side two of the really rare dealer title Aloha Conference: Catch The Wave To The Kona Coast '84, according to its old Featured CED article from Spring 2005. This one is another example of a unique CED title only distributed to the dealers promoting its content availability, but none of the actual titles advertised on it are exclusive to CED.

Super Bowl XIV: Steelers vs. Rams {76476016029}

Super Bowl XV: Raiders vs. Eagles {76476016036}

Two more sports titles which are examples of unique CED titles with content easy to find on other formats.

Terry Toons Volume 1 Featuring Mighty Mouse {76476015039}

While VHS & DVD releases of the Mighty Mouse, Heckle And Jeckle, and Deputy Dawg episodes exist, I can’t find any releases of the Dinky Duck, Gandy Goose, or Possible Possum cartoons. I saw an old VHS videocassette for sale online with five episodes of the Little Roquefort cartoons released by the Magnetic Video Corporation, but it doesn’t have No Sleep For Percy on it, which is on this CED.

A Tony Bennett Song Book Recorded Live {76476121174}

The content of side one of this CED, A Special Evening With Tony Bennett, is available on DVD, but side two, On The Town With Tony Bennett, only exists on this CED. On a side note, I read that he just recently retired.

The Visitor, Mick Fleetwood {76476021252}

The title of this CED is the same as a 1981 solo album by Mick Fleetwood, the drummer of the band Fleetwood Mac, released by RCA Records, which is easy to find on all audio formats; there is no video with this title besides this CED. It’s also a hard CED title to find, and I couldn’t find it for sale online anywhere.

A Walk Through The Universe {74643164900}

A very scarce interactive educational title produced by CBS, which only exists on CED, and was only sent out to schools. There isn’t very much information online about it anywhere besides its old Featured CED article from Winter 1998, which has information about all of the other interactive CED titles.

A Week At The Races {76476250010}

This CED title is an interactive video of horse races, which I couldn’t find any other release besides this disc.

Wimbledon 1981 / A Century Of Greatness {76476020781}

A CED title with two sports documentaries produced by Trans-World International, Inc., a studio which produces a lot of sports and athletic productions. Neither one of them are available on other formats.

Wimbledon 1979 And 1980 {76476020484}

There are home video releases existing on other formats of Wimbledon tennis matches, but this CED is the only one available for these two years.

World Of Wildlife, Volume 1: The Incredible Flight Of The Snow Geese & Leopard Of The Wild {76476020200}

World Of Wildlife, Volume 2: Penguin Summer & The Wonderful Kangaroo {76476021290}

Four nature documentaries produced by Survival Anglia Ltd. and the World Wildlife Fund, which only exist on CED.

World Series 1980, Philadelphia Phillies vs. Kansas City Royals {76476012090}

An NBC sports documentary which is unique to CED, although actual World Series and other classic baseball & other sports events are common on home video.

Zenith Field Service Disc

I found some pictures of this caddy online, and also some references to it in some old messages here on the CED Magic forum. It’s another title only available on CED, and only sent out to the Zenith dealers to work on the Zenith CED players. For some reason, there’s no reference to it in the final Featured CED article about these industrial service discs. It’s also the only CED title listed in the database without a UPC number.

This is the end of the list of titles only available on CED in the NTSC video standard.

Now, here is the list of titles which only exist on CED in the PAL video standard, sold in the British Isles and Australia, along with its UPC number:

Adam And The Ants - Ants in Japan {77080420271}

I found a VHS videocassette of another concert by this band which has a similar title, but this concert is only available on CED.

A Charlie Brown Festival {77080430294}

A Charlie Brown Festival, Volume II {77080430416}

I’m guessing that these two titles are identical to the RCA NTSC CED releases.

From The Earth To The Moon {77080441811}

An Australian animated made-for-TV cartoon based on a science fiction novel by Jules Verne; it’s logical to release it on CED there. What’s strange about this title is that I found a picture of a movie poster and some reviews of it, but I couldn't find any conclusive proof that it exists on any other format besides this CED.

Robin Hood [1972] {77080441139}

I can’t find any information about this title online anywhere, or any production of Robin Hood from 1972. Everything that comes up in my online searches for this title is about the Disney movie from 1973 with the same title, which was released on CED in the United States.

Robinson Crusoe {77080441122}

Just like with Robin Hood [1972], there is no information about this title or a picture of its caddy online anywhere.

Service Alignment Disc {77080170060}

This industrial service disc is discussed in the final Featured CED article, and it’s used to service the PAL video standard Hitachi CED players sold in the United Kingdom and Australia. It’s also supposedly impossible to find, and it was Tom Howe’s hardest CED title to find. It’s compatible with PAL and SECAM video standard TVs, but no CEDs or CED players were ever manufactured for the SECAM video standard or sold in any countries whose TVs use it.

Terry Toons Volume 1 Featuring Mighty Mouse {77080437019}

Just like the Charlie Brown Festival titles, I’m guessing that this title is identical to the RCA NTSC CED release.

World Of Wildlife, Volume 1: The Incredible Flight Of The Snow Geese & Leopard Of The Wild {77080430881}

Finally, another unique CED title also released in the United Kingdom and Australia which is likely identical to the American NTSC release from RCA.

Those are all the titles which I was able to determine that only exist on CED, but perhaps it could change at some time in the future. Since most of them aren’t really popular titles, unlike all of the movies and TV shows released on CED, I don’t really expect them to be released on DVD or blue ray for the foreseeable future, and they probably would have been released on all of the other formats years ago if they had a bigger demand, so I think they will continue to remain solely available on CED.

The End.

Last edited by lynx on Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:30 am; edited 9 times in total
Ced Collector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Nice job. It's understandable why all those were only released on this format. Did you get all the interactive games? I see a few, perhaps you got them all. No doubt those would only be issued on CED as they were all made just for the system.

See if any of these belong in your list:

Many roads to murder - ced interactive game
Murder anyone - ced interactive game
RCA VideoDisc Preview Album, The
The $19.98 CED Preview Videodisc
RCA Demo Videodisc - CED Stereo Videodiscs
RCA Demo Videodisc - 1984 Video Systems - Featuring RCA's New Digital Command Center
RCA Demo Videodisc - Bring The Magic Home
RCA Selectavision Videodisc - Service Alignment Disc
RCA Selectavision Videodisc - Service Test Disc
Zenith Field Service Disc
CBS/FOX CED Entertainment Sampler
DEMO DISC: the great entertainers gene kelly
RCA Video Communications '83 - Edition 1
RCA Video Communications '83 - Edition 3
a walk through the universe - interactive disc

Quote:

"Picture Music {76476122225}

This CED is a compilation of music videos, and it seems to be another example of a unique CED release which has content widely available on other home video formats."

LONDON, ROYAL ALBERT HALL SEPTEMBER 21, 1983

Tracklist:1
1 Madness– Madness Song
2 Madness– Baggy Trousers
3 Unity (15)– Crab Race
4 Ian Anderson– Jack In The Green
5 Joan Armatrading– Give Me Love
6 Phil Collins– In The Air Tonight
7 Midge Ure– No Regrets
8 Pete Townshend– Let My Love Open The Door
9 Gary Brooker– Whiter Shade Of Pale
10 Kate Bush– Wedding List
11 Ian Anderson– Pussy Willow
12 Pete Townshend– Slit Skirts
13 Robert Plant– I Don't Know
14 Pete Townshend, Phil Collins, Robert Plant, Gary Brooker, Midge Ure– Take You Higher

Ok, this shows it was released on VHS and laserdic. However, it appears, all I can find are 1987 concerts. Not the 1983 one like on CED so I think this website's claim is incorrect:

https://www.discogs.com/release/10804818-Various-The-Princes-Trust-Rock-Gala

HOWEVER. notice if you click on the VHS link it pulls up a photo of it on VHS. So it appears as if it it was, even though no current used copies come up.
https://www.discogs.com/release/4759962-Various-The-Princes-Trust-Rock-Gala
(you can click on the photo to see more photos of it.)

I'm not sure about that laserdic claim though.... oh I see. Because it was only released on laserdic in Japan, it's claiming.

Any rate, it does appear this one probably isn't a CED exclusive.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Picture Music on VHS and laserdisc also, it's a great compilation. The PAL CED replaces the last song by Steve Miller with one by Lihmal.

RCA's All-Star Country Music Fair was released on VHS by RCA/Columbia Pictures Home Video, possibly also on Beta.

The animated PAL titles are from the same studio, though I haven't watched them. They may be the same ones that showed up on cheap DVDs and had fake 5.1 sound mixes in DTS which was still a new thing at the time.

All of the Disney Cartoon Parades are either full episodes of Wonderful World of Disney, or compilations released individually on VHS with the CEDs containing two. The first volume includes On Vacation with Mickey Mouse and Friends which was also an early laserdisc title on the DiscoVision label.

There's a stop-motion animated Hansel and Gretel movie from the 50s which is said to only be available on CED, but I think it also showed up on a dollar-store DVD later. Would be funny if they used the CED for the master.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: