CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Greetings! Reply with quote

It has been a while since I’ve been here, I intend to rectify that! I hope All is well with everyone.
SKT-100
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Mr. Scott, all is well here. I just got a disc in the mail today. Doesn't get much better than that.

Josh
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right!!! Not much better than that!
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Greetings! Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
It has been a while since I’ve been here, I intend to rectify that! I hope All is well with everyone.

Beetlescott, it's nice to meet you! I live in San Diego, California, and I have been a CED collector since 2009. I have been a member here on the CED Magic forum since 2018. My player is the original model, the SFT100W, which I use all the time, and I have a big collection of discs. CED is a very addictive hobby, and I check this web site every day, which I never get tired of!

Besides CED, I own two vintage RCA solid-state black & white televisions from the CED era. One of them is a Playmate 5, model AER 057 S combination 5" TV/AM/FM/WX NOAA weather clock radio, manufactured September 1980, which uses the KCS 207 series chassis, and an RCA Playmate 9, model AJR 095 L 9" TV, manufactured September 1983, which uses the KCS 206 series chassis, which I still watch from time to time.

My collection also includes a vintage wood grain RCA Selectavision VHS VCR, model VKT385, which I just recently had repaired, and includes the original owner's manual & remote control, which works great.

Other than RCA products, I am also a hobbyist of Betamax, 8-track tapes, radios, vinyl records, CDs, and DVDs, but I have to confess that CED is my absolute favourite out of all electronics ever made!

I will say goodbye for now, but I would like to hear back from you.

Last edited by lynx on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi back! You have a lot of interests! I bought my first player in August 1982, an SGT 250, it has been my favorite ever since then. Igotback into the format in 2010, and have been at it since then! I have 2 players an SGT 250 & an SGT 200, It truly is addictive! I also love Star Trek & Lost in Space, I suppose I’m a child of the 60s
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Greetings again! Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
Hi back! You have a lot of interests! I bought my first player in August 1982, an SGT 250, it has been my favorite ever since then. Igotback into the format in 2010, and have been at it since then! I have 2 players an SGT 250 & an SGT 200, It truly is addictive! I also love Star Trek & Lost in Space, I suppose I’m a child of the 60s

It's good to hear from you again! Yes, I have a lot of interests, and they're all a lot of fun. You're coming up on the fortieth anniversary of owning your first CED player, back in August 1982, which was the heyday of CED, so maybe you should do something special to celebrate this milestone!

I'm not really familiar with the SGT 200 or SGT 250, since I've never owned either one of them; aren't they the top-of-the-line models of CED players? I just have my SFT 100 W, which I bought with the original owner's manual & service manual included, but I think it would be fun to own a player & some CEDs from either Australia or the United Kingdom.

Just like you, I also love Star Trek & Lost In Space, and I own most of the Star Trek titles released on CED. It would have been nice if any Lost In Space episodes could have been released on CED too.

CED is very addictive, and I will never get tired of it! Usually, I watch a few discs every week in my spare time, and I'm always looking for additions to my collection. Hearing from different collectors in the CED community, and also learning new facts & knowledge about CED & its history really makes me happy.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SGT 200/250 were the first stereo models. I plan on making a special post next month!
SKT-100
Dude111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome...... Im glad to see so much activity here Smile
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Thanks
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Special anniversary post? Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
The SGT 200/250 were the first stereo models. I plan on making a special post next month!

Beetlescott, since the 40th anniversary of you owning CEDs & players has since come and gone, did you have your celebration last month? I would really like to read your special post about the event!
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a lot of movies to celebrate! It’s uncanny that so many yong people have interest in the format! I remember a dozen years ago, the only active people on here was Jesse Skeen and Dean Takashiga!
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: My personal history with CED Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
I watched a lot of movies to celebrate! It’s uncanny that so many yong people have interest in the format! I remember a dozen years ago, the only active people on here was Jesse Skeen and Dean Takashiga!

I'm glad you had a good time watching movies celebrating your milestone!

You're correct about all the new members & young CED hobbyists; I'm 37 years old, so I was born during the time when only new discs were still in production, but not new CED players. Since I began collecting CEDs a baker's dozen years ago, and joined the CED Magic forum four years ago, I'm definitely a latecomer to the format.

That's interesting that only two CED collectors were active on here back then. I wonder if those two fellows are still active in the CED community today.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m glad you are here! People like you will carry the format for many years! Yes, those 2 guys are both still active, mostly on the FB page
SKT-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: