CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quite annoying!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dude111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Quite annoying!! Reply with quote

Why is the EDITING FEATURE on the same time limit as posting??

Example: I post a message and I make a typo,i wanna correct it..... I CANT CORRECT IT FOR 2 MINUTES (Or whatever the post restricton is set to)

This is wrong and should be corrected.. WHEN YOU EDIT YOUR MESSAGE you are not posting another reply,YOU ARE EDITING YOUR CURRENT MESSAGE!! (Which shouldnt be on the POSTING time restriction)

Please fix this Tom,its quite annoying!! (I used to be on another pbpBB site that had this same issue (uugghh))
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it only does it some times too, i think if its in a topic you made you can edit freely, but if its in another persons topic your edits are limited to the same wait times between posts. personally i dont think there is enough traffic on this site to warrant a wait, especially because i come here in bursts some times and i dont have time to wait in between 3 posts...
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I end up reading some other posts while waiting for the time limit to expire. Got the habit of always using preview and re-reading before submitting.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be a default phpBB setting, and it's one minute plus I'm unaware that anyone other than the owner or moderation staff can edit other members' posts.

For the record Dude111, this is not a vBulletin site so it works somewhat differently.

I too have learned to open two pages and browse other topics while waiting.
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know what SW it is,dont worry buddy Smile

I like phpBB but i think thats very annoying! (And most likely a mistake in programming)
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
I end up reading some other posts while waiting for the time limit to expire. Got the habit of always using preview and re-reading before submitting.

guilty, i try to proof read first, but sometimes im in a rush! it sucks using a computer in quick bursts Rolling Eyes
Dude111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran into it a few times today!!!!!

I think phpbb is the only place I have seen this happen Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: