CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Richard Sonnenfeldt 1979 CED VideoDisc Demonstration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Richard Sonnenfeldt 1979 CED VideoDisc Demonstration Reply with quote

Technology writer John Chittock interviews RCA Vice President Richard Sonnenfeldt in 1979, including demonstrations of both old and new prototype CED VideoDisc players. This is the complete 36-minute session captured from the U-matic cassette recording of the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIQLuML-FmQ&t=840s
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that, was a good watch! once again i find myself wondering if any of this equipment has survived the dissolution of RCA
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Surviving Prototype Equipment? Reply with quote

Years ago I asked Richard Sonnenfeldt that very question, but he had none of the prototype players. He did have an SFT100 and small collection of discs, but it was a regular production player.
The Sarnoff Collection

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are loving this! You've probably seen from our membership etc. inquiries that we at the Sarnoff are developing a show about the Selectavision VideoDisc phenomenon and I would like to inquire if you have a list of/actual vintage videos on the development, introduction, significance of the product line. You can reach me, Brian Wallace, at wallaceb@tcnj.edu; thank you!
wallaceb@tcnj.edu
The Sarnoff Collection

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also, we have an example of the SDT200 in the collection at the Sarnoff but have not been able to insert caddie-format discs because they seem too 'wide.' Are there different generations of caddied discs?
wallaceb@tcnj.edu
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the SDT200 takes the prototype caddy that was used before the standard type we have now
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering on the Facebook page if anyone had a SDT200, that's great to hear one exists. I have been in contact with Charles Kaplan who owns a EM-3 prototype player and metallicized discs. He attended the workshop one year. He also had some RCA notebooks belonging to his father. Amazing that any of this has survived over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: