CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help.. picture keeps fading in and out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: need help.. picture keeps fading in and out Reply with quote

the pcture keeps fading in and out. it will be playing and the picture wil become staticy and go to a scrambled picture and eventually come back sone times it lasts a few seconds and sometimes it can last for a minute

(sry for the spelling i coudent figure out how to turn off the over wright)
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's fading to a scrambled looking picture with psychedelic colors and a scratching sound in the audio, this is probably a problem with the discs. They may be either scratched or dirty, probably just dirty. Almost all of my discs would do this until I either cleaned them or played them over to clear them up. Most people recommend using pure distilled water to clean the disc. I used to use alcohol, but I heard that can damage the discs, and I think I may have in fact damaged a couple with alcohol. DO NOT use harsh cleaners like acetone - they'll wipe the grooves right off the disc! Also, check the stylus to make sure it's clean. Be careful because it's delicate, especially that little copper wire on it, which is critical - it carries the electronic video signal from the conductive disc to the tonearm resonator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: