CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Source for F/G Servo Drive Belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: New Source for F/G Servo Drive Belts Reply with quote

Stock FRX2.0 belts installed on the servo motor of F/G players oftentimes will not allow the motor to spin-up unless they have been pre-stretched. This can require weeks or months of stretching, and the belt will spring back to its un-stretched state if not quickly installed in the player after removal from the stretching dowel.

This issue exists because RCA's OEM belts were thin neoprene while the belts manufactured today are thicker neoprene.

Kevin Santry at Mister Edison has solved this issue by producing hand-made belts of the same thin neoprene RCA originally used. He sent me some samples and they do work in F/G players. The handmade belts are $2.50 each and can be obtained directly from Kevin emailing him at cedbelts@misteredison.com

Note that the free belts you get by SASE to CED Magic will still be the pre-stretched ones, as I purchase those in bulk and have a supply of them pre-stretching on a 15/16" dowel.

Last edited by cedmagic on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful news! there are plenty of machines still out there Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(deleted)

Last edited by 52089 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted)

Last edited by 52089 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies to everyone, but for a variety of reasons, I have decided not to continue making these belts. I have posted information on the Facebook group that explains the process I used, at least at a high level. I would encourage someone to take this over and improve the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: