CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Care Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: CED Care Video Reply with quote

Tony, Sean, and a few others were talking about making a video at the workshop this year of How to care for CED's. I think this would be a great idea and then when we see them stored wrong or mishandled we can just post a link to the youtube video. I just wanted to start a thread on here of some suggestions I'd like to see on the video and everyone can add to it, them we can make the video at the workshop.

How to properly store the discs and why they shouldn't be stacked
how to play the discs on both manual and auto load players
how to remove a disc from a caddy for inspection
how to clean a disc (the right way)
how to properly package a disc for shipping, or multiple discs
how to change a stylus, or even how to change a belt (for the lay person)
how to properly package a player for shipping
how to package a stylus for shipping

Anyways these are just some suggestions of things I think would be good for those new to CED to learn. If you can think of more or have suggestions please comment them below and we can work them into the video. Thanks everyone.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Curiel, who ran CED Central a few years ago but now seems to have disappeared, made a DVD of how to do some fixes on the SJT players and a little bit about how to clean disc caddies.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think ultimately the video is going to have to be as accessible as possible and free. nobody wants to pay for something informational they think they can just look up on google and possible get steered in the wrong direction, and they dont want to have to look hard for it. so maybe once the final edit is done it will be a you tube thing, that way all new users can be linked to it.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needs to be done for sure! If we do it at the workshop we will have quite a few people to make sure its done right and to every ones liking!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Skeen wrote:
James Curiel, who ran CED Central a few years ago but now seems to have disappeared, made a DVD of how to do some fixes on the SJT players and a little bit about how to clean disc caddies.

I believe I bought that video a year or so back from him! He still sells it on eBay if that's him!
lynx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
Jesse Skeen wrote:

I believe I bought that video a year or so back from him! He still sells it on eBay if that's him!

For a while now, I have been interested in buying this video, but I can not find it anywhere. I did, however, find this You Tube video from 2014 of a speech by a professor in Virginia with the same name; I wonder if it is him. If any one remembers James Curiel or CED Central, then is it the same man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzySzxwttk
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is him, I have the video and here is a screen shot from it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPM6Wuau_I9fFQJBc9MRVsaFeBFVTfXo/view?usp=sharing

You're not missing anything in the video. It was shot by his son in his kitchen at the kitchen table. The lighting is horrible, the video is shaky, and a lot of what he says is actually wrong. If you want to learn how to care for CED's or how to do basic service look up the CED Workshop videos on youtube. There should be several different ones and they will tell you anything and everything you need to know. Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: