CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: I'm getting my VHS decks back in gear while cooped up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: OT: I'm getting my VHS decks back in gear while cooped up... Reply with quote

I'm learning how to replace an idler tire on a Mitsubishi HS-U70 Twin Digital SVHS hi-fi, I bought an HS-U50 that will be here Monday and the Sony VHS hi-fi I had fixed is on it's way back soon. I already have a Sony VHS/DVD combo deck and last Christmastime I got a Pioneer DVL-700 which was their first DVD/Laserdisc combo player.

The VHS deck is actually a bit easier for me to figure out than trying to tear down and free the caddy from the CED player, I can't explain why, it could just be that I have a TONNE of VHS decks sitting around and dozens of tires and belts in kits for them and I can afford failure.

It has been a very windy day and living near a river makes it breezier. No rain but lawn mowing will have to wait.
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck buddy!!

I love VHS Smile
Syncopated1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun. I can understand CED players, even if I can't fix them, but VHS looks like a whole extra level of complexity when I open one up.

I now have two RCA VBT-200 VHS players, the first commercial VHS available in the US. The one in better shape came with the dust cover and remote and was manufactured in Oct. 77, the first month they hit stores.

Everything works on it except for the counter. It will play tapes from anywhere from 30 seconds to 45 minutes and then shut off as if you had hit the stop button. From some things I read this might be tied to the counter being nonfunctional. Once it has shut off it usually won't play for more than a minute after that without doing the same thing. Usually but not always.

The other one will spin but not play when a tape is in it. It wasn't stored as well either and could use a careful cleaning. I have it to use as parts for the nice one.

This being a slow year I'd love to get that thing running perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: