CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone still out there ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
71chevyvan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: anyone still out there ? Reply with quote

today is 11/21/2019 and i wonder if anyone is still interested in their CED player and this forum ?
analog.tv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is also the 21st....l am in Louisville, Ky should anybody locally want to put movies in the van, homeward bound. I found a Garod "porthole" television available up in Bloomington. Craig
71chevyvan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="analog.tv"]Today is also the 21st....l am in Louisville, Ky should anybody locally want to put movies in the van, homeward bound. I found a Garod "porthole" television available up in Bloomington. Craig[/quote]

Craig
i was worried no one monitored this forum anymore
analog.tv

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to assume it's slow. It is a dead format. Antique radios seem to be fairly lively, television forums are sluggish at best. Maybe folks have jumped on the facebook method of communicating. When people visit and notice those 'movie albums', they don't know what to think about this apex of 'needle in the groove' technology. It has been a few years. And DVD's are so far beyond this format. My two cents' worth......Craig
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its because most of the traffic is on the facebook page these days. Confused
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still here. I check this forum several times a day for anything new. Lately, there has been very little.

FYI only.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do not touch Facebook for anything, but I have been into late fall cleaning and bike building mode, upgraded 3 more Win 7 PCs to 10 and have spent a lot of time on my AV setups as well as making one of my forums' Christmas albums and getting it uploaded a week before Thanksgiving.

OT I added a Pioneer DVL-700 LD/DVD player and got my 21+ year old Pioneer AV receiver repaired as well.

Oh, and everyone that was on my list has their Christmas present except one person.

I'd still love some help with that SJT 300 and the stuck caddy. It's beyond my aptitude at this point.
lynx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me sad to see the decline of this great web site & forum. I still check this web site every day, and I very rarely see anything new on it. There has also been spam posts which is a real nuisance. Just like other members, I love CED & wish there was more interest in it. I also need help with my CED player which is having problems, but I am not having any luck with either getting it repaired or finding a refurbished replacement.

Maybe things will get better in the future; only time will tell.
Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still CED fans like us out there and we often check the site just to
see what new posts are there. A lot of us are busy this time of year doing seasonal activities but always enjoy checking out whats new with the posts. Thank God Tom still keeps the ball rolling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is much more discussion on the Facebook forum, which is public and can be read without joining or logging into Facebook. I created a bogus Facebook account so I could participate.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, fake or real I find Facebook to be poisonous.
lynx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
No, fake or real I find Facebook to be poisonous.

Me too, I detest Face Book & I refuse to use it for anything; I do not care what is on it at all.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't care for it much either. I especially how they ask me to log in on almost every page I go to. Like to look at a restaurant menu. I also just googled something that I hadn't heard much about. That was Zuckerburg back a few years ago said he was giving 99% of his money away and I thought he's a stand up guy to do that. How many billions or what ever does a person need? Then I never heard any more about it. Searching just now I find he didn't exactly give it away he gave a portion of his wealth to his own limited liability corporation. The phrase "out of one pocket and into the other pocket" comes to mind. wealthy people alot of times get credit for being so generous when sometimes they are really giving nothing away. Like when Oprah years ago gave everyone a new car. She didn't give anyone a new car Pontiac motor company gave the cars and at the time I read it was actually a one year lease and there were some payments that had to be paid. Or the people give such a small percentage. In my area is where Rhonda Stryker lives. She is heir to Stryker that makes all of the Stryker stuff you see in hoospitals. She is worth just about 5 billion dollars BB billion. She and her husband gave the city 70 million for some sort of foundation or something and people "what a lavish gift" "so generous" etc. I didn't bother to do the math but 70 million when you have 5 billion isn't much money. Then factor in that she probably isn't taxed very high on her income because she probably has a lot of loopholes. The rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. The fun fact about that "rant" is her husband is my old High school principal. That was back around 1977 thru 1981, he left that job (we had about 50 people or so in our graduating class) to become an investment broker and from there he married Rhonda. I knew a girl that worked in a clothing store years ago and she said he'd come in there pretty much once a week and always spend at least 10,000 dollars. Yet people think they were so generous to donate their money. I'm pretty much broke and unemployed and I give away a higher percentage of my "wealth" then they do. I just do it anonymously (I have someone that "does the deed" for me) just because I like to see the peoples reaction and I don't want them to think I'm doing it to get any "favors in return" You just had to get me on my "rant" didn't you?
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea we are here Smile
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite slow indeed but if there are still people interested in CED, LDDb.com would could really use better CED cover pictures!

CED Database on LDDb.com

There is a CED section on the forum but it's quite slow as well.

CED Forum on LDDb.com

The Database will soon open the Hardware section and CED Players will be included as well if I can gather enough useful information.

Julien
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LDDb Admin wrote:
Quite slow indeed but if there are still people interested in CED, LDDb.com would could really use better CED cover pictures!

CED Database on LDDb.com

There is a CED section on the forum but it's quite slow as well.

CED Forum on LDDb.com

The Database will soon open the Hardware section and CED Players will be included as well if I can gather enough useful information.

Julien

It is good that you posted this info. I tried to send you the Operating manual PDF's for the Hitachi VIP201P/VIP202P players and the Hitachi VIP1000 and VIP2000 Operating manuals. I have the impression that they did not get to you. Maybe I will try again.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
LDDb Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbchemist wrote:
It is good that you posted this info. I tried to send you the Operating manual PDF's for the Hitachi VIP201P/VIP202P players and the Hitachi VIP1000 and VIP2000 Operating manuals. I have the impression that they did not get to you.

Thanks!

All good and uploaded now: https://manuals.lddb.com/CED_Players/

Julien
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here. I hope all is well! It's been almost 10 years since I joined here! Hard to believe. I've been cataloging my discs today, and thought I'd check the forum. Is the person from Louisville, Ky still on?
SKT-100
analog.tv

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On occasion l am still on....l was in Louisville earlier. Craig
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

analog.tv wrote:
On occasion l am still on....l was in Louisville earlier. Craig

I was too. We lived there for 15 years, moved to Knoxville about 18 months ago.
SKT-100
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Still here! Reply with quote

Got busy with the stuff and Corona virus. Bought an entire 1984 Dimensia system with tv, both racks, stands the whole shebang. Been messing with that as well.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Still here! Reply with quote

cedwaechter wrote:
Got busy with the stuff and Corona virus. Bought an entire 1984 Dimensia system with tv, both racks, stands the whole shebang. Been messing with that as well.

chris! what!?!?! sick! we gotta chat! what works and what doesnt? did you get the cd player too? is it wood finish like mine or all black?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: