CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SGT200 Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribbleuser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: SGT200 Repair Reply with quote

I just acquired an SGT200 from ebay. I've been after one for ages and finally decided to bite the bullet and pay the hefty shipping charge to ship from the USA to UK. (I wanted a US player because I've got loads of NTSC discs). I had to wait until the voltage converter arrived before I could even plug it in, but it finally arrived and....nothing happened.

The player powers up, takes the disc and spins it up, but it does not go into playback. I took the casing off and a piece fell out so I assume that's the problem. It is a piece of black plastic about 2 inches long with an arrow on one side, and a bunch of dimples and a metal pin in the other. It looks to be intact so it will probably fit right back into place if I knew where it went.

Can anyone help? I can send a picture of the piece in question if that will help.

Thanx. Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello
send a photo of the part to me. if you have no camera scan a hand drawing or draw on the computer. make it detailed as possible. ill tell you what/and were it goes

but there are alot of things needed to watch your movies. read this site for more information.

http://www.cedmagic.com/misc/ntsc-pal/ntsc-pal.html

Mike G.
harrison_bassist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last post was me. i got logged out.

Mike G.
Reinhart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the description, it sounds like the part is the grip for the stylus cartridge compartment door latch. It is not necessary for the part to be in place for the player to properly operate, but it may help you to unlatch the door so you can swing it open to access the stylus cartridge in the pickup arm.

However, you can still manage opening the compartment without that black piece. You may want to check to see if a stylus cartridge is still inside. If it isn't, then you'll need to find a stylus cartridge for the player.

Conversely, it may also be possible that the part may have inhibited proper operation but may work normally now since it's out. This is, of course, assuming that the player still has a good stylus cartridge.

It is also possible, given the age of the machine, that the player may also require a new set of rubber if replacements have not been installed yet. - Reinhart
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing to keep in mind - even if you get the tonearm cover latched down, if you're using an SGT-200 (or any SFT or SGT model) from the U.S. in the U.K., it won't play, even with a voltage converter, unless the voltage converter also converts frequency. The turntable motor in those models synchronizes to the line frequency, so since the motor will only go up to 1500 RPM instead of the required 1800 RPM. If it doesn't get up to speed, the computer won't be able to decipher the DAXI signal, and will not go into the playback mode until a DAXI signal is interpreted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: