CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Player?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Favorite Player? Reply with quote

I haven't posted much lately so I tought I'd post something. What is your favorite player? How many players do you own? As for me, most everyone who knows me knows my favorite player is the SGT-250, the first player I ever owned, way back in 1982. My second favorite is the SGT-200, it has the best of both worls, a stereo AND the lever that started it all. So here are the players I own:
SGT-250
SGT-200
SKT-100
SFT-100

So what is your favorite and what do you own?
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be the best person to answer this question because I only own one CED player, which is the RCA model SFT 100 W. I have never used any other CED players before. Perhaps if I had another player, then I could say which one I like the best, but I really like CED a lot, so I guess it would be a touch call!
Spiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynx wrote:
I may not be the best person to answer this question because I only own one CED player, which is the RCA model SFT 100 W. I have never used any other CED players before. Perhaps if I had another player, then I could say which one I like the best, but I really like CED a lot, so I guess it would be a touch call!

I'm kinda in the same boat. Razz

I only have one player as well, but I'm really enjoying it. It's the SJT-300 model.

Looking to hopefully add the SJT-400, sometime in the future.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SFT-100 is one of the first players to be produced, the SJT-300 is the third Stereo player to be released, the second RCA CED player to be released with an infra red remote. Do you have a remote for yours?
SKT-100
Spiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
The SFT-100 is one of the first players to be produced, the SJT-300 is the third Stereo player to be released, the second RCA CED player to be released with an infra red remote. Do you have a remote for yours?

I sure do.

This one here:

Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

super! I have 2 players that are for sale if anyone needs one, an SGT-200 and and SJT-100. Shoot me an email if you need one. Beetlescott@msn.com
SKT-100
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite player is a toss-up between the Hitachi VIP1000 and the Sears 934.54780150. players. I like the Hitachi as it is a well built player (from what I remember, the gears are all metal). The Sears player I bought in Aug. 1983. My mother and I used the player for a good 4 years with no sign of any break down. I bought an SJT-200 player to ease the burden on the Sears player. Also, parts for the RCA player have been easier to come by, The stylus for the Sears player cost me $90 in 1987.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
brewman2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just GOT my second SGT-250 on EBay. 1st one was family owned. now I can see differences in the performance of one, to the other. Rubber tends to deteriorate after 7 or so yrs... of all fix's, worst belt goo I've ever seen! took (3 hrs. to lube/belt & clean) Recently got back into Vinyl, so I drug out the old CED unit. Some times just run a movie while listening to Albums. "cool format's" CED's, tend to clean the groove's with playback. I also; read that, inserting &^ removing caddy several times improves playback. (swippers in unit). although they say their is no way to clean CED's... I've removed the vinyl disk from the caddy put it on my turntable and used my anti-static brush to remove dust partials. you must be overly carful! when preforming this method! DO NOT touch or use any fluids!
(I am not advising my anti-dust method to anyone.) " just tried (out of desperation.) I am determined to figure out how to, safely/effectively clean these. I will post any results on this site... BTW...
YO! KEEP YOUR FLUX CAPASITORS CLEAN![img][/img]

FYI CED= FLUX CAPASITOR, BTTF
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WORKING. I prefer working.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. 2 replies by SPAMMERS ON THIS THREAD.

We have Skedaddle and .josaflenya who should be banned from joining any other forum. One wants to sell you toilets and the other wants to sell a fat reducing product.

Both accounts should be removed ASAP from this forum.

Enuff said.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dispatching more Vanish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: