CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coloured spots!!!! How to get rid of them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Coloured spots!!!! How to get rid of them Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get rid of colour spots during playback?????? THEY DRIVE ME MAD!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
RT9342

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour spots during playback????? Confused What are you smoking while you watch your discs? Okay, seriously - I hope you're not getting tired of my replies, but I've seen 3 different cases of "colour dots". If it's mainly noticeable wherever there's a change in brightness, it could be the stylus (I think I may have mentioned that on one of your other posts, if I'm not mistaken). But if it's little spots that look similar to static on a TV set tuned to a dead channel, it could be a problem with the discs. This was the most common problem in some discs that I had that went through a flood. I also once had a disc that had been exposed to extreme heat, having some warpage and apparently some microscopic surface distortion, because the picture was plagued with thousands of little colour speckles. Other than that.....well I just don't know. Mad Hopefully some other folks know, and will post something. Smile
RT9342

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking - are you using an SFT-100 (or perhaps some SGT model or and SFT/SGT equivalent)? If so, are you talking about the little spots that just flicker randomly here and there at first, but start showing up more and more until there's dozens of them towards the end of the side? I guess I haven't paid much attention to those until watching some videos after reading your post. For some reason I don't remember those when I was growing up, but then again we had our player hooked up to an old (I guess not so old at the time) hand-wired vacuum tube RCA TV with twin lead inputs, so if the spots were there, I probably assumed it was the TV at the time. But I figured I'd let you know that after recently getting an SJT unit working, I found that it does not have those spots, and the audio has much less noise on the SJT models (probably on the SKT models too). So if you're using an SFT or SGT, you may want to consider an SJT or SKT (if you like woodgrain, the SJT-300 has it on the sides, though not nearly as much as the SFT-100). I'm curious as to why there's a difference, so I'll be comparing the circuitry in the near future to see if it's possible to modify the SFT/SGT circuits to have the noise reduction of the SJT models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: