CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to CED! SGT-075 worked for a day, now nothing! HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McCarthy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: New to CED! SGT-075 worked for a day, now nothing! HELP! Reply with quote

Hello all!!

I am new to the CED and a friend mailed me an RCA SGT-075 and a few movies.
A couple of the movies skipped, a few would only play for a few minutes and then get stuck in a rewind loop and refuse to stop.
Two movies played fine!
This lasted maybe a day and now nothing will play.
Thoughts?
Any help or tips appreciated!!!
McCarthy
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything you play should first be visibly inspected for bad scratches/debris/worst case scenario cracks. I have a non working player with the top removed that I use for that purpose along with some white cotton gloves so I never touch the disc with bare hands. It's just handy to insert the disc and inspect it then flip it over and check the other side. I also have an electronic record cleaner that has a rotating brush in it and a static remover that I load discs onto to clean them somewhat. Mainly it just removes any particles that are on it . This is a dry cleaner,no cleaning fluids are involved. After you inspect the discs I would say send your cartridge to CEDatum for cleaning/inspection/repair (if needed) and try it again on good discs with a good cartridge. A bad cartridge can make a player do all sorts of strange things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open it up and check the belt, which is almost certainly bad based on your description. It could also be slipping. I had to make a spacer between the belt and the back wall to get my SGT075 to work properly.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it was probably your servo belt slipping. Here are instructions on how to replace it.

https://youtu.be/I71_lRN-n4E

If you go to
http://cedmagic.com/home/products.html

you can order a new belt from Tom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: