CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of CPU is used in the CED players?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: What kind of CPU is used in the CED players? Reply with quote

Anyone know what kind of CPU was used in these players? I know they're custom CPUs, but I'd imagine that they are based off of some common CPU (like how the Nintendo CPU uses the 6502 instruction set, even though it's not actually a 6502). Is it a custom Z-80? I noticed that some SFT players use a MOSFET CPU with a part number very similar to the ones that MOSFET used on their Z-80s, as well as some custom Z-80-based CPUs that they made for other products. I've also noticed in one of the photos on the CEDMagic site there was a Zilog CPU (who came up with the Z-80). But some units have Motorola CPUs and later models (SJT, SKT) have Fujitsu CPUs. I don't recall Motorola or Fujitsu ever making any Z-80-based CPUs. Anyone have more on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: