CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019 CED Workshop!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: 2019 CED Workshop! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone, I've already made the initial announcement on the facebook page but for all those not on there I will post it here as well. Just wanted to announce the 2019 CED Workshop will be on Saturday June 15th, 2019 at the same location. The Wingate Hotel in Indianapolis. John Stevens has already confirmed his attendance. I will post more details as they become available. I just wanted to get that initial save the date out there so everyone knows it's happening. Thanks all!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still willing to pay for whatever package you can put together for the event. I'd love to attend but I have no way to get there at all

I hope the rest of you aren't so unfortunate and that the workshop is a huge success!
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to go but I hate the drive to indy I either have to go straight east for a little over an hour and then go south thru ft wayne and on to indy,or go slightly south but mostly west for an hour and a half and then south to indy. The first time I went down there years ago I tried going the straight south route thru towns and what not and I think it was like a 6 or 7 hour trip. The ways going east or west then south are about 3 and a half hours?? Somewhere around there. I'd be willing to pay for some type of package also. Seems like someone could shoot video of the presentations and what have you. Now a days even a cell phone could do a pretty good job,especially mounted on a tri pod, (or do the phones now have anti jitter or what ever built in??). I'd especially would like to thank John in person for the assistance and work he's done for me. Both are very much appreciated.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there this year!! I was in the hospital last year, but I told my wife i'm not missing it if she has to wheel me in. I can't wait to see all the gang again, and meet some of the peeps I have been wanting to meet!!
SKT-100
nicolepk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, for those of us new to the forum (and CEDs in general), what is the CED Workshop?

I live in Bloomington, so I might consider coming to this.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have people instruct on how to repair, and keep our players in good working order, also if you have a player that needs attention, you can bring it. It is an opportunity to meet fellow CED fans, Swap, trade buy CEDs from others. generally a great deal of fun. I haven't been to the last couple, I'm looking forward to meeting some new fans. I hope you get to attend.
SKT-100
nicolepk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the info! I'll try to make it. Smile
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome!
SKT-100
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Just want to confirm that everything has been finalized. The workshop will be in Indanapolis, IN at the Wingate by Windham Hotel near the Airport. It will be on June 15th, 2019 and start at 10am. If you wish to attend it will be $20 per person, this includes the workshop, lunch, and cool CED swag. Please register by April 15th if you plan to attend so I can get an accurate count. We have room for about 25 people. My paypal is ketonic_dude@hotmail.com or if you have any questions you can email me at videodiscjunkie@gmail.com or the paypal email works too. John Stevens has confirmed he will be in attendance. The workshop will start at 10am and break for lunch, with a hands on seminar and trade/swap at the end. If you plan to spend the weekend please book your room in advance as it was full by the time of the workshop last year, call 317 243-8310 to book a room. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks all!

As far as mailing goodie bags, I will have to look into it. It depends on what I order and how many I order. Thanks guys!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you'll have a package to sell me, I don't think the dinner would make it here okay Laughing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than three weeks to register for that and three months until the workshop...

hope you can attend and enjoy it a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: