CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with s Sears 934.54780150 player.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both players made it just fine. The Realistic player, remote and box is really nice and I think I can get it going after some work. Thanks for sending them.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cedwaechter wrote:
Both players made it just fine. The Realistic player, remote and box is really nice and I think I can get it going after some work. Thanks for sending them.

Some player history:

The Sears player I bought off an E-bay seller for $19.95 plus shipping. The seller assured that it played. I tested the player after receiving it and it did play; but, intermittantly. That is when I found out about the turntable not raising high enough for the disc to contact the stylus tip. (I changed the belts.)

The Realistic player I sent you I had bought off an E-bay seller who was located just south of the New York State Throughway. I drove up there to pick up the player so as to avoid shipping it. Again, I was assured the player "worked", When I opened it up I found out that both belts had turned to "goo" sometime in the past I replaced the belts and loaded a disc into the player. The player proceeded to generate a squeling noise; but, it did play the disc.

I have another CED-1 player that I had bought off an E-bay seller. He shipped it to me in the original box (the box I sent to you). This player only needed a stylus which I had on hand. I inserted the stylus and tested the player and it worked very well. I replaced the 2 belts in it as a matter of course. I have a wired remote to go with this player.

End of history.

Good to hear that both players made their trip with no damage. I was worried about the Sears player as the box I used was a little flimsy. The postmistress told me that it was fine.

Enjoy.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: