CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cataloging disc collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oreozapie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Cataloging disc collection Reply with quote

I was curious as to how most of you go about cataloging your collections? I would love it if there were a system similar to discogs. It seems there have some discs added to their database, however only a few music titles. Currently I have been using an Excel sheet (google sheets), detailing info about the discs in any way I might want to organize them (actors, directors, released by, release date, length ect.).

Does anyone else have 'public' files to compare collections/organization tactics?
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much do what you are doing. I have 3 Excel spreadsheets: Laserdisc, CED and a Master. The Master has the film names and what formats they are recorded on. I have VHS, VCD, CED, LD, DVD, HD-DVD, BD and UHD formats that I have collected over the years. I have a total of 871 different movies.

The one movie I have in the most formats is 2001. I have it on VCD, CED, LD, DVD, HD-DVD and BD formats. I lack it on VHS and UHD.

If I want to watch a particular movie, I go to the Master spreadsheet and look the movie up by name. I then look st the format it is recorded on and then go to the inventory to get the film. Each format inventory is sorted alphabetically so I can then find the film. I also record on the Master whether I have a film in more than one format.

I know that a spreadsheet is not the best way to store film names; but, it is the only method that I have right now.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: