CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intro skip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyBoy83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Intro skip Reply with quote

Any idea how to fix a machine that skips the intro of the movie. I put a disc in and it skips the RCA intro and 3 or 4 secs of the credit. Otherwise it plays the disc fine.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try a known good stylus in it and see what happens. I had a player that acted as though it was going to play as far as stereo indicator light lighting and timer showing a zero, but it wouldn't play until I bumped the rapid access button and then it played the entire side just fine. I stuck a known good cartridge in and it fixed the problem. If you don't have another known good cartridge send yours to CEDatum and they will test it and clean it for free and then advise you if it needs servicing.
JohnnyBoy83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stylus works fabulous like its pretty well new. Like it plays the movie perfectly it just starts past the intro and 3 or 4 secs into the movie. As if 00 chapter is starting between 00 and 01
cbertra2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is probably a landing adjustment. I know, I had to adjust my Hitachi player because it was sitting down to soon and would not start. This is a mechanical adjustment. Sometimes the arm can get bent a little during shipping because the shipping screws were not installed. I had a few Toshiba players where the arm was bent so bad that I had to physically bend the arm back into position. What I mean is the arm is bent and no longer perpendicular to the guide rods or rails.
CEDvince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model is your player? The J/K series of players are notorious for this.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
JohnnyBoy83

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model is sjt 400
Sorry bout the late reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: