CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcayea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Player Repair Reply with quote

Good Day,
I'm just wondering if anyone does player repair services anymore?
Thanks,
Daniel
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your model and what, to the best of your knowledge might be wrong with it, in as much detail as you can give?
dcayea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
What is your model and what, to the best of your knowledge might be wrong with it, in as much detail as you can give?

I have an SJT-400 and the rod transfer coupling snapped off. I ordered a replacement from John at CEDatum and am waiting to see if I can affect the repair myself but I am not as mechanically inclined as I use to be.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcayea wrote:
kitchensynch wrote:

I have an SJT-400 and the rod transfer coupling snapped off. I ordered a replacement from John at CEDatum and am waiting to see if I can affect the repair myself but I am not as mechanically inclined as I use to be.

You definitely have a player worth repair. You may have to order another coupling. I broke 2 couplings on my SJT-200 trying to repair it. The third coupling was the charm.

You will have to move the circuit board with a transformer in order to get room to change the coupling. (you already may know that.)
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
dcayea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbchemist wrote:

You definitely have a player worth repair. You may have to order another coupling. I broke 2 couplings on my SJT-200 trying to repair it. The third coupling was the charm.

You will have to move the circuit board with a transformer in order to get room to change the coupling. (you already may know that.)

The coupling came in and I was able to facilitate the repair. My initial thought was I had to replace the entire gear which seemed like that would be a real pain compared to just replacing the transfer coupling. The player is operating again.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcayea wrote:
dumbchemist wrote:

The coupling came in and I was able to facilitate the repair. My initial thought was I had to replace the entire gear which seemed like that would be a real pain compared to just replacing the transfer coupling. The player is operating again.

Good man.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: