CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skt 400 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Skt 400 problem Reply with quote

Hi hopefully you guys can help me I just started using my SKT 400 player but now it started to do a clicking or tapping noise when the player is playing a disc but everything else is fine audios perfect the visuals fine there's no lines or shaking at all or anything with the picture just a tapping coming from the player so if anyone knows a quick solution to this would be very thankful for all the help
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn table height probably needs to go up just a tiny bit, same happened to me on a few j models i have.
Moonie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to the SKT 90 I got at an estate sale a while back. Seems that the turntable slipped down a little in transit to home and got that clicking. After getting some advice from the Yahoo CED player group, all I had to do was hold the turntable firmly and give the stem a light rap with base end of a screwdriver, just enough to bump the table up a very small bit on the stem, and that was it.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
That happened to the SKT 90 I got at an estate sale a while back. Seems that the turntable slipped down a little in transit to home and got that clicking. After getting some advice from the Yahoo CED player group, all I had to do was hold the turntable firmly and give the stem a light rap with base end of a screwdriver, just enough to bump the table up a very small bit on the stem, and that was it.

are you aware that there is a set screw to make a turntable height adjustment?
there is a tiny thrust washer that the spindle spins on, and sometimes it falls out in transit, and causes the turntable to drop enough to make a noise. the washer has to be there. its more of a little plate than a washer though.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SelectaVision420 wrote:
Moonie wrote:

there is a tiny thrust washer that the spindle spins on, and sometimes it falls out in transit, and causes the turntable to drop enough to make a noise. the washer has to be there. its more of a little plate than a washer though.

You're right. Many years ago I bought an RCA player off a company that had one drop shipped to me from a place in Chicago. The player came and made a scraping noise when played. I called the place in Chicago and was advised that the turntable had settled in trsnsit. I was told to tighten the nut at the botom of the player. I did and the sound vanished.The player has been good in that respect ever since.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Moonie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SelectaVision420 wrote:

Yes, I checked that all out first with the service manual I got online, and it wasn't that, and the height adjustment hadn't been altered. What it was is that the turntable had slipped down a little on the stem where it's held on merely by a clip with gripping teeth. I decided that the best option was to get it back into the proper position that it was in initially on the stem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: