CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How reliable is the resonator in the tonearm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: How reliable is the resonator in the tonearm? Reply with quote

I was wondering something. You know the "non-serviceable resonator" in the tonearm? Anyone know exactly what it's composed of and how it works...and how reliable it is? I've looked inside a couple - there's always a long, straight bus with some funny thing at the end of it. I just wonder if these go bad over time, affecting playablility. Seems like CED discs ALWAYS have playback problems nowdays, even with a new stylus, and I've even had trouble playing discs that were still in the factory shrink-wrap and properly stored. But I can remember when we first got our SFT-100 brand new in the early 80s, and I remember going to the store and renting and/or buying discs, and they NEVER had playback problems. Only one used disc we bought had problems, and only on a couple of scenes - turned out that it had a bunch of someone's fingerprints all over the disc. Also, we had one disc eject on top of the caddy and my dad put it back in the caddy very carelessly, getting fingerprints all over it, yet only the first couple of minutes of side 2 ever had playback problems. Now look at them...that's whay I'm curious about that resonator. Anyone know more about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: