CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT 90 player hooked up to Sharp Quattron TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: SJT 90 player hooked up to Sharp Quattron TV Reply with quote

We recently joined the CED collectors "family" with an estate sale purchase of many discs and two players. The one working player is an SJT 90, which we connected to analog channel 3 on our 60" Sharp Aquos TV that has the four-color quattron technology. We expected nothing too great, but were quite surprised with how good the picture actually looked. The Aquos TV always had a fine picture since it has the option of a 480 frame rate refresh, but we thought such older technology would just be pretty poor on such a large screen, yet it really wasn't. The only issue was that it's all in fullscreen format, so we have the black sidebars, but that's how a lot of the older TV programs we like are anyway. Anyway, the picture quality exceeded our expectations, and now we are in the market for a later model stereo player with video output.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sooo nice when things like this work out good. One nice thing with an old machine that will still load and unload properly (I'm now referring to the player that won't spin) they can still be quite valuable to use as a tool to inspect the discs before playing. I got about 500 discs and the claim was the lady watched them all because she didn't have any cable and her "rabbit ears" no longer received stations after tv went digital. Somewhere between her and me though I'm guessing the majority were thrown into a gravel pit because of the rather large hunks of debris in the caddies and on the discs. I've gone thru about 100 discs checking them and I think only 5 or 6 were any good. Most all the bad ones had at least one if not 2 rental place names on them. There is no way they could ever be played again , they were just too screwed up.
Moonie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of ours have rental stickers on them from a now closed video rental store in Red Bluff, CA. But the few of those we checked already all seem okay. I suspect most rentals were tapes and not the discs so much. The discs don't look too worn outwardly. The non-rentals all look very good and seem to play fine with occasional skip. I understand with playing the skips usually go away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: