CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi to all, I'm a new member.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Hi to all, I'm a new member. Reply with quote

I just discovered this website and forum doing an internet search. My husband and I recently purchased a bunch of CED videodiscs and several players at an estate sale at a good price, we think. I remembered having them when I was a kid in the 80s, and convinced him to go along. We are still sorting through discs and he's checking out the players to see how they operate. Being mechanically inclined, he's the one handling that. Can't wait to see one working and playing a movie on the TV soon, but I thought I'd better join up here right away since there doesn't seem to be any sort of other CED community anywhere else. Very Happy
NorCalRailRoader

Location: Redwood Valley, CA (Mendocino County, rural Northwestern California)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum! I'm a pretty new videodisc guy myself, though being 46, I obviously grew up with them, it's a really fun and unique technology, it's great we have this group to keep it alive!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of them until I chanced upon a player or four and a few sets of CEDs, but I also have Laserdiscs, Beta, VHS, records and tapes of all kinds and tend to use them as long as they are working.
Moonie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! We will be trying these out later today when we have some time. We got over 1,000 movies. Looks like some are two disc sets. I hope none are missing!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We like to sell and trade titles and spares so that won't be hard. If you have an actual empty caddy, some are looking for those too, whether for that particular title or just because they have a broken one for any title.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: