CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eat to the Beat, Blondie LD has 4 less songs than the CED.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Eat to the Beat, Blondie LD has 4 less songs than the CED. Reply with quote

I just got my Japanese Laserdisc copy of Eat to the Beat, Blondie (MP028-22MP). Since I have the CED with the same title, I decided to compare the two. I found that the LD has 6 songs on side 1 and 6 songs on side 2. The CED has 12 songs on side 1 which have the same titles as both LD sides 1 and 2 added together. The CED has a side 2 and that side has 4 more songs: Heart of Glass, Picture This, Presence Dear, and Hanging on the Telephone.

I have always considered the LD to be superior to the CED. This is one time that the CED beats the LD for the number of songs recorded.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the CED on eBay currently, it is MONO from 1981. Did they re-release it in stereo?

Oh yes, I believe I saw that in Jesse's Stereo Demo Disc video.

There were a few good concerts and music titles that never got re-released on CED in stereo...the REO Speedwagon Live Infidelity? title would be one I have.

Ironically, Barry Manilow's First Christmas Special IS in stereo...not because of it being Barry's but because of the age of the original program. Not expected.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
I've seen the CED on eBay currently, it is MONO from 1981. Did they re-release it in stereo?

Oh yes, I believe I saw that in Jesse's Stereo Demo Disc video.

There were a few good concerts and music titles that never got re-released on CED in stereo...the REO Speedwagon Live Infidelity? title would be one I have.

Ironically, Barry Manilow's First Christmas Special IS in stereo...not because of it being Barry's but because of the age of the original program. Not expected.

There was no CED stereo version per CEDmagic.com. Only the laserdisc is in stereo.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Oreozapie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side one is the true "video album", each song is off of Blondie's Eat to the Beat album. One of if not the first bands to make a video for every song on an album. The songs on side two of the CED were previously released singles not from the album. These songs were only packaged with this version of the album, not the LD or VHS/Beta Releases. (these are the only formats I know of, maybe VHD too).

Overall I don't know if you were really asking anything about this but this is one of my favorite CED discs for the reason of having unique/extra content.

Do you know of any other discs that have extra or unique content compared to their equivalent releases on other formats? (Not including stereo vs mono)

Maybe ill start a thread on this if there is not one already...
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreozapie wrote:
Side one is the true "video album", each song is off of Blondie's Eat to the Beat album. One of if not the first bands to make a video for every song on an album. The songs on side two of the CED were previously released singles not from the album. These songs were only packaged with this version of the album, not the LD or VHS/Beta Releases. (these are the only formats I know of, maybe VHD too).

Overall I don't know if you were really asking anything about this but this is one of my favorite CED discs for the reason of having unique/extra content.

Do you know of any other discs that have extra or unique content compared to their equivalent releases on other formats? (Not including stereo vs mono)

Maybe ill start a thread on this if there is not one already...

I made this post mainly to alert others that the CED has more music than the laserdisc. I do not know of any other albums where the content is more than other formats personally. I do have the CED release of Duran, Duran with 11 tracks of their songs. I somehow doubt that the CED is like the laserdisc which I do not have yet.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: