CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA CED Player SFT 100 W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flemingb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: RCA CED Player SFT 100 W Reply with quote

I have a working RCA SFT 100 W CED player. The only problem is it takes to many times to count to get the disk to load in the player. I have to keep taking the disc in and out before it accepts it. When the disc actually loads the player plays fine. What can be done to fix this so that the disc only needs to be put in once in order to load
wisnewskimage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a kid my brothers and I would slap the top of the machine in the back until we heard a clunk. It worked but it was probably a little rough on the unit. This is the fix offered in the repair solutions of www.cedmagic.com:

"The most common cause is the failure of the caddy lock defeat rod to pivot and engage the caddy spine. This rod was lightly waxed at the factory to prevent corrosion, and the wax may have hardened over time thus preventing pivoting. Remove the rod (extending from left to right across the back of the player) and clean the rod contact points and the rod wells with isopropyl alcohol to remove the wax. Next check the defeat tabs and the latch follower tabs for burrs. Remove any burrs with a sharp knife to provide smooth surface contact with the latch assembly. Use synthetic grease (NOT petroleum-based grease) to sparingly lubricate the wells, the rod pivot points, and the latch assembly at the point of the follower tab contact."
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(not all te keys on my keyboard are workin )

Turn to CED player to off ten Mad wen Mad you see 0 instend of --.Turn te Mad player to play.
Reinhart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: RCA CED Player SFT 100 W Reply with quote

flemingb wrote:
I have a working RCA SFT 100 W CED player. The only problem is it takes to many times to count to get the disk to load in the player. I have to keep taking the disc in and out before it accepts it. When the disc actually loads the player plays fine. What can be done to fix this so that the disc only needs to be put in once in order to load

What do you mean by "load in the player?"

Does the player not take the spine and disc out of the caddy, or does it actually load the disc, but the screen stays black and doesn't begin playback? - REinhart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: