CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a "Memories" disc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngreve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Looking for a "Memories" disc Reply with quote

Hello all,
Does anyone here have a Memories disc they'd be interested in selling?
Or have a lead where to find one?

I know that they are so rare that they bleed and the likelihood of unearthing one is very slim but sometimes the timing is right and all the planets line up just right and someone is willing to sell an item like this that your looking for.
Can't hurt to ask....

Thanks
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
xorcize

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a "Memories" disc Reply with quote

johngreve wrote:
Hello all,
Does anyone here have a Memories disc they'd be interested in selling?
Or have a lead where to find one?

You might be able to ask the following poster and see if his copy is now available:

http://www.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/f12/t000251/p1.html
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that, Jesse doesn't sell anything, let alone a Memories disc. lol I've probably had 3 or 4 memories discs pass through my hands. They show up now and again, just have to keep your eyes open. John Stevens thinks there was around 400 of them made. I thought this number seemed kinda high but I guess that could be the case, who knows. Best of luck.
johngreve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one!
Was on eBay this morning along with a J400 player and some additional discs. The seller found all this at an estate sale in central Indiana.
I feel really lucky to have been able to get this as the player already had 9 bids on it which tells me that I probably wasn't the first to look at the disc either. I suspect the $249.00 BIN discourage people....although the opening bid was only $24.99. After the first bid is made the BIN goes away....so who knows what it would of went for in auction.
The way my luck runs it would of gone for more than the $249.
A good day for me.....
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
johnzo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Is the seller specialized into this kind of items or it was just an incidence? I would like to make some contacts with US sellers.
johngreve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the seller was not a knowledgeable CED guy...though he knew enough to know how to price out the Memories disc.
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: