CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On eBay in Texas, working SJT 090, the discs are the focus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: On eBay in Texas, working SJT 090, the discs are the focus Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222537427144

"Saturday Night Fever, Electric Light Orchestra Live at Wembley, Grease, Raggedy Ann and Andy, What's Up Doc, Wizard of Oz, Bad Boys, Mash, The Man With Two Brains, Tootsie, Footloose, Love Story, The Jerk, The Road Warrior ( 2 of these both work), Diner, Timerider," (sic)

The price and shipping are probably a little naïve given the items, the seller has only 13 feedback points...The one that caught my eye was the ELO concert disc.
johngreve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see that selling with a $300 opening bid....
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither, but it's also theirs to figure out. I've been surprised before.

If the player works then the TITLES are what I look at for the real value.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way overpriced. Basic working players are $50 to $75 to me and discs start at a dollar a piece for a lot and go up from there depending on condition.

There's a ELO concert disc for $20 if you're really desperate.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a pretty good ELO fan, I might pay that in good condition, of course I suspect it's in mono like the REO Speedwagon title I have, and I don't have Paypal anyway so it's moot for me.

That's a title which would probably be worth $20 in most formats, except VHS maybe. I'd collect it in Beta.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain it this way...

I suspect that the seller is focused on the TITLES more than the player itself, they probably also fixed the player at some point and want to get their investment back.

If you are getting them for a buck a title, you may be doing better than most of us, nothing wrong with that, they just don't tend to go for that on eBay. There are big differences between local and personal sales and eBay, which is a business for the members plus they have fees and taxes to pay.

AND shipping.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I started collecting in Jan. of this year I've bought many lots off ebay. Most were local that I could pick up but two purchases were shipped and were still less than $2.00 per disc. One was 29 discs from Missouri for $40 shipped and the other was 25 discs for $20 shipped from San Francisco. Those were in Feb. and I've held off buying discs for awhile now.

These examples aren't meant to show how great I am but that bargains are out there if you are patient and diligent in your ebay searches. Another great place to look is Goodwill's website.

Also be sure to try different search terms. I generally stay away from "video disc" as it is too broad but I did find my SJT-300 on Goodwill's site listed as "Video Disc Player". I won the auction for $5.00+$20 shipping as the only bid most likely because no one else found it in their searches.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: