CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite disc you own and why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Favorite disc you own and why? Reply with quote

Out of all the discs you own what one is your favorite? What one do you want the most?

I would have to say my favorite disc is one of my newest. Pam's Thanks for the Memories disc. It used to be my Tribute to Toscanini disc since it was a rare test disc but having actually met Pam it makes the Memories disc all that much more special to me. A true piece of history.

As far as disc I want the most I would have to say the blue Aloha disc. I have the Catch the Wave disc and the white Aloha disc but I still need the blue one to complete my set. I am really not that concerned with the avon discs or compudiscs, or even the WWII discs as stuff like that is beyond rare. Probably stuff I will never have a chance to own in my life.

But finally as far as movies go, Back to the Future takes the cake as my favorite disc. My all time favorite movie.

What's yours?
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, we watch our tom and jerry discs the most... dunno why they are so timeless...
but i we had to pick our favorite movie... probably peewees big adventure
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the NEW and UNUSED ones I've been buying from you guys, waiting to watch when I get my 300 and then when the 250 is fixed (I'm saving one or two especially for it).
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking which is your favorite is like asking parents with multiple kids which one is their favorite- or so I've heard.

Narrowing it down I'd probably have to pick Picture Music since it's a great compilation of 80s music videos from different artists, including some of my favorites. Music discs were my most-wanted when I got a player, other holy grails that I finally found were Duran Duran and We're All Devo. The Playboy discs are cool too just because they're so 80s and obviously weren't really meant to be watched decades later.

Will have to give a bit of thought as to what my favorite movie on the format is.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH...We're All DEVO...man, that is sweet. I still love watching their Honda scooters ad...and Booji Boy!
johngreve

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to say that I am really partial to my Valley Girl disc. I love that movie,
It such a great 80s time piece. I can't watch that movie without having a smile on my face for most of it. I love the music in that movie too, 80's music was so upbeat and fun. I think it was one of Nicholas Cages first starring roles and Debra Foreman, man.....cute as a button. Makes me wish I was 17 again.
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only for the 80s but I'm loving the amount of 70s movies on videodisc. 70s movies are so fun to watch because a lot of them were shot on location when directors went away from shooting on the back lot. The Anderson Tapes, Sharkey's Machine, Dog Day Afternoon.

My favorites right now for cover art are Red River and Tuff Turf (so 80s).
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And speaking of Valley Girl, I own both the LP (Frank Zappa's Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch) and the Frank and Moon Zappa 45 with the picture sleeve, which I proudly display in a frame.

I had to break myself of the habit of talking like that too! (Like, omigod, I do NOT talk funny?) Smile
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Skeen wrote:
Asking which is your favorite is like asking parents with multiple kids which one is their favorite- or so I've heard.

Narrowing it down I'd probably have to pick Picture Music since it's a great compilation of 80s music videos from different artists, including some of my favorites. Music discs were my most-wanted when I got a player, other holy grails that I finally found were Duran Duran and We're All Devo. The Playboy discs are cool too just because they're so 80s and obviously weren't really meant to be watched decades later.

Will have to give a bit of thought as to what my favorite movie on the format is.

And you couldn't hide those Playboy discs under your bed either! Twisted Evil
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And By The Way...TRON

Thank you Josh...my house is in a state of flux as spring cleaning moves into summer so I haven't done a lot of watching for any video format for a whlle...

Maybe that DVD copy of XANADU that joins the LD, LP and CASSETTE versions will see some play soon...just got it at a thrift yesterday.

Painting a bike for myself too. My cat is somewhat bewildered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: