CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Vintage Selectavision players and a few discs - Mass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennsunshine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: 2 Vintage Selectavision players and a few discs - Mass. Reply with quote

I have been doing some research as I am downsizing and cleaning out my parents' estate. Dad, now 87, with memory issues, was a very early adopter of almost any and all electronics technology. Sixty + years ago he was an engineer for RCA, and then he went into the field of Videography. Back in the late 70's and through the 80's, he was involved in designing and creating interactive/training videos.

Through his work 30+ years ago, Dad became the proud owner of numerous video disc players. These include two Selectavision CED disc players. They appear to be in very good shape, albeit a bit dusty. They were stored in a dry space over the years.

I am looking to sell these items. I am leaving the East Coast in a few months, returning to the West Coast. I don't want to cart these things across country. I would love for them to find new homes where they will be appreciated and used.

Here is what I have, including the CED titles. I am not sure what fair/reasonable prices are for these items. I haven't seen many players on EBay with these particular model numbers. Most of these discs appear to be unusual, rather than rare, per the database -$5 a pop, perhaps?

Suggestions or feedback from this more informed group is welcomed!

Selectavision SJT-400 with original owner's manual
Selectavision SGT-250 with original owner's manual

The Great Dictator
Cousin, Cousine
Eubie!
Ragtime - 2 discs
The Odd Couple
Patton - 3 discs
Torn
Citizen Kane
Jane Fonda Workout
Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light
Tut - The Boy and the Louvre
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Play It Again, Sam
King of Hearts
Annie Hall
Movie Movie
Hunchback of Notre Dame

Thanks for your interest and consideration!
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only i was closer, i live in hartford... good luck!

the sgt250 with a remote is worth say about 75-150 in working condition and the sjt 400 with remote is worth say 150-200 in working condition. but they are really worth what someone is willing to pay if shipping is involved or a long drive... perhaps a few other members can chime in on what the players are worth these days its been awhile since i bought a player...
johngreve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just bought a very nice condition skt400 without the remote on eBay.
It was untested but the door opens and the display flashed L. So I'm hopeful. BIN was $149
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: