CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Disc converted to DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swabberlaity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: CED Disc converted to DVD Reply with quote

I have a CED disc and want it to be converted to DVD. I'm living in the Netherlands and we don't have CED players or discs, in the Netherland it's a unknown system. I bought my disc on ebay and had it shipped to a friend in the US and i'm now looking for somebody who can covert the CED disc to DVD. Can anybody help please
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What disc is it? I may be able to help, once I get a player working.
swabberlaity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title of the disc is World of Wildlife "The Incredible Flight of the Snowgeese / Leopard of the Wild" RCA SelectaVision Video Discs
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that was quick. The reason I ask is I have about 500 discs and may have that. I haven't got all my discs "catalogued" yet. I have 5 or 6 "columns" of discs and only have lists of what the first 2 columns contain. I have a sgt250 that I have repaired, one of the audio chips was bad, and I have a freshly rebuilt cartridge for it. I just need to put the circuit boards back on the unit and I need to give it a "lube job" and put on a new turntable belt. The other 2 belts I already replaced.
If I already have the disc that would take care of the process of me getting the disc. It may take me a while to figure out the "capturing" process. It's been a while since I've done it. Like windows xp while. I did some vhs tapes way back then and had really good results. I'm using windows 8 on this computer so it will hopefully work better than the old xp. I'll just have to post again when I'm to the stage of being able to play discs.
swabberlaity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have the disc i'm happy to have the disc send to you and after converting you can keep the ced disc for your own collection because i'm not able to play it overhere. That's why a dvd of it would make me very happy. Greetings Casper
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine wanted me to copy a ced to dvd for him. i only have one of those dvd/vhs combos and it wont burn a dvd from an input. so i was going to make a vhs copy of the ced and then burn the vhs to dvd in the combination unit...
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the leopard documentary.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nN0gBOTkzNU

The Snow Geese documentary won some awards. I found some clips on this website.

http://www.wildfilmhistory.org/film/106/The+Flight+of+the+Snow+Geese.html
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
jsdspif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this the other day. I have a player working (I think, I have to put a cartridge in it that was recently inspected) and then I also have the player that is also working except I'm just waiting on a pwer switch because I broke the one that's on there. I don't really want to post my address in a public forum and I think the PM system doesn't function?? Does someone know how to get my email and regular address to the OP? I was thinking send it to Tom and he can forward it to the OP?? Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: