CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

couldn't resist sharing this bargain with everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: couldn't resist sharing this bargain with everyone Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RCA-SELECTAVISION-CED-VIDEODISC-PLAYER-MODEL-SJT-300-W-REMOTE-22-DISCS-/112276586327?hash=item1a2434bf57:g:PJ0AAOSwnHZYglQC

Has a remote with it that probably won't work with the unit. Just the shipping charge is about twice what I'd pay for the unit. Ebay prices never cease to amaze me. There used to be someone selling carbonator caps for a penny. It's a cap for a 2 litre bottle of soda pop that you can hook a co2 hose to to carbonate the liquid. Essentially just imagine the cap to a bottle of pop so it might cost a dollar or two to mail it. This seller charged 19.95 for shipping. Every time they'd list it I'd turn them in to ebay for excessive shipping cost.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarterly taxes are due if I'm not mistaken. It will sit there and they will learn.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i needed a good laugh today!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way it has probably just sat there in their store forever, maybe, PROBABLY the seller is trying to get some attention of any sort.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been relisted with lower price and shipping but ..... no discs with it this time around. $399.95 and only $45 to ship. Was $712.95 and $92.95 to ship. I'm still thinking the remote won't work with the player?
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO.

It's easier to fix a broken one cheaper than that and even new in the box that's too much.

eBay sellers are going through their periodic time of whatever, maybe taxes, who knows, and some just jack the price up to get some interest so that maybe it will sell if they drop the price again...it's like wiggling a fishing line.

It's a mindgame.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually lowered once before with the discs but it was still close to 700 bucks.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original shipping of $95 or whatever was a real wtf moment for me also. I didn't catch the first price drop. Another one that always gets me on there is when a seller puts "RARE!!" on every item they sell. Like some very common disc they have listed for 49.95 along with the "RARE!!" at the end of the title.
Years ago on a tractor forum someone had a 12 page manual for an old tractor and stated something like "this is the pdf of the manual I printed" and the price was 99.95 and someone bought it. Then someone posted the link to the manual from the files section of that forum with the question "why would someone pay money for that? It's in our file section for free??". Ebay can be a wacky place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: