CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Stylus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmcdream

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: CED Stylus Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I hope this message finds you all well.

I recently purchased a PAL 'Hitachi VIP201P' videodisc player.

I am trying to find a replacement stylus for it. Can anybody help me out?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Allan.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping some one who knew for sure would respond, but since no one has. On this forum (I think it was on this forum) someone stated that CEDatum can rebuild rca and toshiba(?) styli(?) (one stylus, 2 styli), but they are unable to rebuild the hitachis'. Hopefully someone will post if I am right or wrong on this. So the other option is trying to find a stylus in the second hand market, either used or new old stock, or find another working hitachi and remove the stylus from that unit.(and then hope it still works)
I think it would be easier to find a working rca player and purchase that, because spare parts and/or new old stock parts are pretty available. Either buying parts from CEDatum or buying a second unit for parts and/or repair. This of course is from an United states perspective. Northern Ireland I suppose could be a "whole different ball game".
Side note.... I have an old videotape of musician Gary Moore performing at some old theatre/church or something in Northern Ireland back in about 1983. They also speak of what was going on and had been going on in the country. I saw him live here in the states during that same time period. He also released a double live LP at that time and some of the songs were recorded near my hometown in Detroit , Michigan. At one point he states "we're recording a live album tonight, so you'll have to make alot of noise if you want to get this session fixed". At the time for some reason, my friends and I all thought that was so cool.
CEDatum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: CED stylus cartridges. Reply with quote

CEDatum offers services for CED stylus cartridges. Cleaning, repair and rebuild. We no longer work on Hitachi stylus cartridges .Repair parts are not available.
We also offer a free stylus inspection, evaluation and report.
Check our website for contact details.
cbertra2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CEDatum rebuilt my Hitachi stylus and it works great. It's sad they can no longer get the parts to rebuild them. This will kill the market for Hitachi built players.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I can pony up to the bar on this. I have 6 of the Hitachi styluses in stock and could afford to give up one for a fellow hobbyist. Of the 6, I have one that has been graded B- by CEDatum and the other 5 are untested. Some of the 5 are listed as NOS so that is a good thing. If you are interested, give me an offer. The stylus graded B-cost me $90 USD in 1987. I will test any stylus before I ship it to make sure it works okay.

I have 3 of the Hitachi models in my stable: a Sears 934.54780150, a Sears 934.54810350 and a Realistic CED-1. All have functioning styluses.

As for buying an RCA player: I would discourage you on doing so. The CED museum shows that RCA did not make a PAL player only NTSC. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I await your response. If you want to use e-mail, my address is etd607 at yahoo dot com.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830

Last edited by dumbchemist on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsdspif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even think about the PAL part. maybe I sort of worked it in there mentioning "being in Ireland".
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: CED Stylus Reply with quote

dmcdream wrote:
Hi everyone,

Greetings from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I hope this message finds you all well.

I recently purchased a PAL 'Hitachi VIP201P' videodisc player.

I am trying to find a replacement stylus for it. Can anybody help me out?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Allan.

Apparently, Allan is not interested in a Hitachi stylus. My quote of $90 was meant to inform him that the Hitachi styluses are not as inexpensive as the RCA ones are. It is too bad that the only CED PAL players are the Hitachi models.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: