CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiro wrote:
BTW, humble beginnings as probably compared to most of you folks, but at least it's a start. Smile

As well two VHD's thrown in for good measure. Razz Laughing

Thanks to those that assisted me with helpful info in this thread.
As well to those that kindly offered their duplicate CED's free of charge (excl shipping, of course), but from whom I've never heard from again. Laughing

I LOVE your player!!! Thanks for posting. Do you have any particular movies you are looking for?
Spiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
I LOVE your player!!! Thanks for posting. Do you have any particular movies you are looking for?

Thank you. Smile

Well the one's I'm currently after are:

- The Long Goodbye
- Disney Cartoon Classics: Mickey
- Star Wars

And just strictly for collection purposes I'd also be interested in a UK CED movie. Not too fussed over any particular title, just so long as it's a UK CED.

If you have spares/doubles of any of those and are willing to part with them, kindly let me know how much you'd want for them. Smile
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i had one of those, sorry I don't. I have Disneys' Dumbo, and a nice copy of Live & Let Die, The Great Escape, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Godfather. If you are interested in any of these or a list of all my dupes, let me know! Just pay the shipping.
Spiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not breaking any records with the speed in which I'm acquiring these CED's. Laughing
It's been painstakingly slow. One of the perks, I guess, in living at the bottom of Africa. Razz

So I finally managed to get "The Long Goodbye". It's one of my favorite movies, but also the reason I got it for the CED format was because it seems to be one of the few? CED titles with a widescreen aspect ratio.

Also managed to find a PAL UK CED. I have no way of playing it, so this one is strictly for collection purposes.

Next up I've mainly got my eye on one of those interactive CED's.
Hopefully with some luck I'll be able to source one of those in the not too distant future.
Dude111

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
If you still want some, please send me another email (with CED in the subject line) and i'll start looking for it.

I have emailed you Beetlescott and you only sent me 1 email! (You said you would reply back again but you havent!!)

I hope I didnt make you mad or anything!! (And i hope you are ok Smile)
Spiro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiro wrote:
Next up I've mainly got my eye on one of those interactive CED's.
Hopefully with some luck I'll be able to source one of those in the not too distant future.

So I managed to get two of those,

Beetlescott might recognize those two particular CED's. He should do so as they were once his. Laughing
I got them by way of Las Vegas. Wink
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome spiro! nice work on the interactive discs! nice find with the PAL disc too, if i came across one i would keep it too even if i couldnt watch it!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bunch of PAL laserdiscs that I could never play, about a dozen. Then I found a PAL/NTSC dual format player in the thrift store for $10. Got it for $5 becuase the tray would not open. A new belt later and I was playing PAL LDs. There's about 2,000 titles on PAL not on NTSC, and some of those titles, about 100 or so are also on CEDs and not on USA LDs.

No PAL CEDs yet though.
Spiro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all,

Haven't posted here in a while. Only recently have had a decent amount of time to mess around with my CED stuff.
Have subsequently though added quite a bit to what was quite a meager collection of movies.

The thing though now is my SJT-300 player has some trouble during playback.

And this here is the culprit,

The spokes? seem to have broken off. That outer ring is quite loose.
Any idea regarding repairing it or where to purchase a new part?
Daxi Don

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Need J/K player 3rd reduction gear. Reply with quote

This is the 3rd reduction gear. CEDatum has them in stock. We carry many CED player parts. e-mail: cedatum@ccrtc.com
Spiro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Need J/K player 3rd reduction gear. Reply with quote

Daxi Don wrote:
This is the 3rd reduction gear. CEDatum has them in stock. We carry many CED player parts. e-mail: cedatum@ccrtc.com

Thank you. Smile

I'll send that e-mail shortly.
Spiro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying (so far in vain) to source that 3rd reduction gear for my SJT-300.

All my previous messages to cedatum@ccrtc.com go unanswered.
Maybe they go straight to their spam folder?

So I've tried again today. Let's hope my luck changes.
CEDatum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: CEDatum got your message. Reply with quote

Spiro . Your message received. We have the 3rd reduction gear is stock.
Spiro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: CEDatum got your message. Reply with quote

CEDatum wrote:
Spiro . Your message received. We have the 3rd reduction gear is stock.

Bought and paid for. Thank you. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: