CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who among us will fix my SGT 250?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Who among us will fix my SGT 250? Reply with quote

Please contact me via the email link and thank you.

PS I used the same box and packing materials Josh used to send my SJT 300 and packed it well.

ks aka Steven
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's wrong with it? Why don't you fix it? Depending what's wrong with it it could be a simple fix. Shipping there and back may be cheaper to just buy another one and maybe it would work??
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If originally had the short duration playback return problem or whatever.

It had a short fall earlier this year when I was trying to remove it from the Cabinet I put it in and now it's dinged a bit and can't load.

I don't have the skills or the time at the moment.

By the time it does get fixed (and cosmetics aren't the biggest deal to me) I will have a budget freed up for it.

I'm also not in a rush. Shipping the SJT 300 was over 60 dollars according to the tag on the box. It will take maybe a couple months to take care of the repairs and shipping.

And in case you were going to ask, I also have stereo gear and 3 bicycles to deal with and my housing contract is up for renewal by the fall. I'm kinda busy a lot.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting another is really not so much of an option anymore, unless this one can yield parts for somebody, which, other than a cartridge to used or re-tip is doubtful, and having the working cart is a good thing, if it is still undamaged.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the 250's but not sure which one. I got a 5 button remote with it. My current project is putting the real tactile switches in place of the bubble switch thingies for the controls. They did work a few times (the old ones) on a unit I have the cover off of and then a day later one of the controls on the front panel quit working. The first front panel I had CEDatum do and I think their price is more than fair but the shipping makes it kind of expensive, in my book. Which is no fault of CEDatum, so I made a fixture to hold the panel and I make the holes with an end mill in my drill press. I've got the holes in my first panel to repair just need to get the switches glued in and wired up. I'm not exactly a "go getter" so it takes alot of time for me to get stuff done unless it's really important. (like say a leaking water pipe or something where time is important).
I was looking for your problem with it. It seems like you posted about it a while back but I couldn't find the old topic.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh told me to contact Cedatum. however, they told me they couldn't take it on right now.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the only 250 was the SGT.
slatton86

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does a job like this pay? I would be happy to take it on. I have done an SGT-200 that just needed adjustments and belts, including the short playback/pre-mature return. I have also done that Hitatchi VIP that was destroyed during shipping.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it would COST, obviously I've never seen any figures from anyone doing it. I sent money to Rixrex in the process of Frankensteining my ill-fated SGT 090 for stereo...and the tragedy befalling him and strange path afterward. I haven't opened it or touched it since it fell. I will open it and take some pictures soon.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you I still don't have a host. I'll end up forwarding them to another member to post when I do. It's in the packing box though and will sit awhile until I get some major clearing and cleaning done in this small residence and can do it properly.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would settle for another SJT 300 if anybody would like my SGT 250 for parts or fixing, or in trade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: