CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Label and Caddy Variations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh, you did an outstanding job on all this, it must have taken you hours! Thanks for the hard work!!!
Laughing Very Happy
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seemed to have found another title that was released in both Blue & White caddy, I recently found Dragonslayer in a white caddy, plus it is also property stamped!! Double the fun!

[/img]
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: My variations Reply with quote

This is a very interesting topic, and it is fun to see all of the differences on titles made during their production! When I looked at the pictures, I noticed that I have some of the variations in my CED collection; I do not know how to post pictures online, but I went thru my collection last night & wrote a list of the variations I own, so I thought I would share them. I also prepared them in the same order that they are presented on here.

My CED of Ghostbusters is in a blue caddy with a blue spine.

My CED of Gremlins is in a blue caddy with a blue spine.

My CED of Return Of The Jedi has both discs in blue caddies with blue spines. I also own an extra part 1 of the movie with part 2 missing which is the same.

My CED of Beverly Hills Cop is in a blue caddy with a blue spine, unlike the one pictured here, in the blue caddy with the white spine.

My CED of Ladyhawke is in a blue caddy with a blue spine.

My CED of Pale Rider is in a white caddy with a white spine.

My CED of The Emerald Forest is in a blue caddy with a blue spine.

I own two sets of Gone With The Wind. They are both in blue caddies with white spines.

My CED of The Killing Fields has both discs in blue caddies with white spines.

My CED of First Blood is in a blue caddy with a blue spine.

I own two CEDs of Jane Fonda's Workout. They both have the RCA Selectavision Video Discs logo with Nipper, but one of them has the label cutaway with a handle on the caddy, but the other one has only the label cutaway without a handle on the caddy.

My CED of The Muppet Movie says "Mono sound track for Video Disc" on side 2 of the label.

My CED of Saturday Night Fever says "Mono sound track for Video Disc" on side 2 of the label.

My CED of The Cincinnati Kid does not have the CX STEREO logo.

My CED of For Your Eyes Only has both caddies with the white stereo logo. I also own an extra part 2 of the movie with part 1 missing which is the same.

My CED of Forbidden Planet says AN MGM/CBS HOME VIDEO PRESENTATION with the MGM lion head logo.

My CED of The Wizard Of Oz is the same as Forbidden Planet; it also says AN MGM/CBS HOME VIDEO PRESENTATION with the MGM lion head logo.

I own two CEDs of Porky's. Both of them have the 20th Century Fox Video logo.

I own two CEDs of Star Wars. One of them has the 20th Century Fox Video logo & the other one has the CBS Fox Video logo.

My CED of 9 To 5 has the 20th Century Fox Video logo.

My CED of Tender Mercies has the lighter tan coloured label.

My CED of Magnum Force has the orange label, like the one pictured here, but it only has a label cutaway without the caddy handle.

I also some some variations which are not documented on here:

My CED of American Graffiti is in a blue caddy with a white spine, unlike the one pictured in the Visual CED Title Database.

My CED of Death Wish has a label cutaway, but no caddy handle, unlike the one pictured in the Visual CED Title Database.

My CED of Heidi, released by RCA instead of Vestron Video, with the UPC 76476012038, does not have a label cutaway or a caddy handle, unlike the one pictured in the Visual CED Title Database.

My CED of An Officer & A Gentleman has part 1 with the label cutaway & handle, but part 2 only has the label cutaway without a caddy handle.

Those are all of the CED titles that I own which have variations. My collection is fairly large, but I do not own every title which was released on CED.

Last edited by lynx on Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a lot of varations! The different color of the spines is of no consequence, but the color of the caddy itself is what they are looking for. Keep on searching, you have a very impressive start!!
SKT-100
lynx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: "Gas Pump Girls" label variation Reply with quote

Over the weekend, I discovered a label variation on the CED title Gas Pump Girls, UPC {28485055025}.

I don't own this title, but I noticed that the picture of the caddy in both the Visual CED Title Database, and also the CED Magic CD-ROM, says "PRINTED IN JAPAN" in the lower right-hand corner of the reverse side of the caddy. This weekend, I found a copy of this CED for sale on E Bay which is just blank in the same spot which says "PRINTED IN JAPAN."

I don't know how to post a photo on here, so here is a link to the E Bay auction with this label variation. I also never knew that any CEDs were made in Japan, so I don't know the story on this label being printed there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304286125647?hash=item46d8ddce4f:g:o9cAAOSw67dhpPT0
Ced Collector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Carpenter's - Christine - Richard Kobritz Label

Front:

https://i.ibb.co/zNZxFbk/John-Carpenter-s-Christine-Richard-Kobritz-Label.jpg

Back:

https://i.ibb.co/db54wyf/John-Carpenter-s-Christine-Richard-Kobritz-Label.jpg

John Carpenter's - Christine - No - Richard Kobritz Label

Front:

https://i.ibb.co/JpkbdX6/John-Carpenter-s-Christine-Non-Richard-Kobritz-Label.jpg

Back:

https://i.ibb.co/8bcRL0R/John-Carpenter-s-Christine-Non-Richard-Kobritz-Label.jpg
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, how did i never notice the Richard Korbits variation? nice find!
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought that gas pump girls from ebay. I bought a few others from that seller then also. I haven't loooked at the actual discs yet but the caddies seem in really good shape and don't appear to be ex rentals. The seller said they got them from an estate sale. I did notice on the spine (?) of the caddy it states "a laser videodisc" ,you can almost make it out in the ebay photo. The seller is about an hour away from me and we were talking about me picking them up in person but I only bought 4 total so he shipped them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: