CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: SelectaVision SGT-200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slatton86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: FS: SelectaVision SGT-200 Reply with quote

I am finally going to sell this thing. It works great, the only problem being that visual search doesn't move backwards, but fast search does. The belts have been shrunk with ammonia some time ago.

I will be putting on eBay for $250 with free shipping, but I thought I would let you guys have first crack at it and I will consider offers.

Here is a video of it playing and this was actually the last time I played it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKg_qTPViEI

Also I am going to do another post later about how I cleaned some discs pretty well, but I did destroy others. Only the good ones touched this player though.

slatton86 at that google place if you need me.
raymondjtoth2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: FS: SelectaVision SGT-200 Reply with quote

hi im austic and my mom on ssi and ssd can you do 1 dollar and free shipping im in des plaines il and work as food store bagger and like to get into ced movies my mom on ssi and ssd hope can make my dream come true i like to get started thanks ray toth cant sit out side dew to other kids will just poke stick in my eye thsi would help me a lot thansk
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FS: SelectaVision SGT-200 Reply with quote

slatton86 wrote:
I am finally going to sell this thing. It works great, the only problem being that visual search doesn't move backwards, but fast search does. The belts have been shrunk with ammonia some time ago.

I will be putting on eBay for $250 with free shipping, but I thought I would let you guys have first crack at it and I will consider offers.

Here is a video of it playing and this was actually the last time I played it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKg_qTPViEI

Also I am going to do another post later about how I cleaned some discs pretty well, but I did destroy others. Only the good ones touched this player though.

slatton86 at that google place if you need me.

you put discs you "cleaned" into the player? the stylus can suffer a premature failure if the silicone coating is missing from a disc when its played.
slatton86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So remove the stylus and drop the price?
dsummerbell10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea Smile
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slatton86 wrote:
So remove the stylus and drop the price?

i cant tell you what to do, but you might as well sell it with the stylus. only looking at it under a microscope will tell for sure if its ruined. the stylus can look perfectly fine, but if the fine metal layer comes off from playing rough discs it can cause undesired playback
slatton86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stylus still seems fine when playing other discs. When I play the discs that I will be listing soon (probably as a lot) they all play exactly as expected.

I may work on sourcing a new stylus if its not sold soon.
slatton86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourced a stylus locally in good shape and dropped price to 219
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: