CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sjt 400 video output question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smithnathanm1979

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Sjt 400 video output question Reply with quote

Finally got my Sjt 400 up and working and it literally was the best part of the month so far... Played a few discs and it was sweet. Sat down to watch the Muppets movie with some kiddos and the video output now looks like scrambled TV with the waves and all. Audio output is by it great but much better thn the video. Thoughts? This player was new in the box and had to change the belt which was melted but everything was in awesome shape
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its really a good idea to slip the discs out of the caddies carefully to make sure they arent damaged. you may have damaged the stylus or there could be debris the stylus sweeper cant get off. usually the kids discs are the worst since they are handled by kids, so they must have extra scrutiny before playing, especially if you never played said disc before...
Smithnathanm1979

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough the player worked just fine when I hook up the composite cables instead of the coax.. No Idea on earth what would cause the coax output to go bad between playings.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try cleaning the channel 3/4 switch . I think you'd have to pull the cover off the rf converter box 9or what ever) to get to the switch to spray some cleaner in it. I thought some other post someone made mention of that switch getting dirty. Or you could change it to whatever channel you're not using now ?? I think ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: