CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Workshop 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: CED Workshop 2017 Reply with quote

Well the 2016 Workshop has come and gone and it's time to start talking about next year. It was an honor to organize the last workshop and I had a great time. Not sure I will be able to attend next year provided it's in the same location. I am not sure what my work schedule will look like next year as of yet. But if anyone would like to take the reigns for next year then by all means please speak up. If anyone has thoughts or suggestions for next year we are all ears. What does everyone think about changing the location and if so what would be a good location?

I am almost thinking it might be cool to just have a informal get together rather than an actual workshop. Most of what can be learned from the workshop will be available on youtube in the video/videos from Jeff. But it would be cool to still get together and talk CED with everyone.

Let me know what you guys are all thinking. Let the brainstorm begin....
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's up for a West Coast meetup? Smile
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly. Depends how cheap I could get a flight out there. I would probably just go by myself as airline tickets are already ridiculously expensive. But if it was going to be near Tom's house and we could go see his collection I would be up for that.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really been to Portland so that would be fun- it's close enough to drive from here in a day or two also.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just need a lot of time to save up and plan for a bus trip. Amtrak doesn't serve this area by train anymore but they bus between routes, and then there is good old Greyhound.

I can't make the 15th anniversary Yesfans.com get together in Ohio next month because I can't ride a bike fast enough to get there and have one week to return for my 50th birthday (and I'm throwing the party). Believe me, that is a BUMMER! I love that site and the people there.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom has got to have the coolest collection of computer stuff around in the entire state of Oregon too, if he still has it. And I'm still using the CED USB memory stick (GREEN) he sent me for Christmas, thank you!

Meeting Jesse after seeing all of his videos on You Tube would also be excellent.
Ihearttv

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portland is less than an hour for me!! I can bring prizes!!
CEDvince

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be somewhere in the middle of the country so it's easier for everyone to travel to. G don't fly so I have to be able to drive there
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even own a car and I live on the eastern Oregon border...and I haven't even been to Portland in maybe 12-14 years.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does not matter where it is because there will always be people that will be too far away to go. Indianapolis is a pretty central location for most people but then too far for those on the west coast. If you have it on the west coast it's too far for those central and eastern, etc. I think by having it in a different location every year it will give a better opportunity for those who were too far one year to be able to attend at least once. Indianapolis is a good location because that's where the factory was. I think the Seattle, WA/Oregon area would be good because we could see Tom's collection. other than that there really isn't many other historical places, maybe the RCA building in New York? But besides those places, to have it anywhere else would just be closing your eyes and pointing to the map.

If anyone would like to volunteer to host it they are welcome to have it wherever they so please. Weather many people are able to attend is another story. The last workshop in Indy there was about 22 people signed up at one point and by the day of the workshop I think 11 came, so you have to figure how many people can attend and then keep in mind life events happen and plans change and many people who are able to go can't. So if you plan to host the workshop don't expect a bunch of people to be able to make it.

Finally having it in Indy is good because John lives there and is pretty certain to attend, he is also the foremost expert in the field and is a wealth of knowledge, having him at the workshop is almost a must. But if you have it in another location he might not be able to attend.

There are a lot of variables to keep in mind. We could also change things up and just have a workshop every other year, or maybe a couple smaller workshops in different parts of the country hosted by different people, nothing is set in stone. Anyone is welcome to take initiative and get something started. Ryan and I are happy to provide information to anyone who wants to host their own workshop. Make it happen people, spread the word.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: