CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Longest you've waited for someone to send something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Longest you've waited for someone to send something? Reply with quote

Lately it seems like I have been waiting a long time for people to get stuff out to me after I buy it. When I sell stuff I like to get it out as soon as possible, sometimes even before it's paid for. That's usually only when I trust the person. But even still, I have had stuff come up and taken a week sometimes even two to get something shipped so I can understand when someone is busy and it doesn't go out right away.

The longest I have waited for something to go out would be about 6 months. I can't even remember what it was but I traded somebody for something, I sent his half and waited for my stuff, and waited, and waited. I would remind him every couple of weeks. Finally about 6 months later he shipped it. That was a few years ago.

Then a couple months ago I traded someone on a video game page some PS1 discs for a N64 storage case. I sent the discs the same day we made the deal. He got them a couple days later. I waited, and waited. I asked about them and he said he had to go somewhere for a week and would send it when he got back. Well 2 weeks later I asked again and he said it was ready to go but he was busy with work, etc. Finally a little over a month, about 5 weeks, he finally shipped it. I got it a few days later.

I bring this up because right now I am waiting on some discs from England. There was someone on the facebook page looking for a stylus for their player, Hitachi style stylus, apparently they are like golden unicorns over there and impossible to find. I made a deal with them to send me a couple of discs and I would send a stylus. They agreed and I sent the stylus. They told me they received it and they would send the discs. I keep reminding them every few weeks but it has been 4 months now and they keep coming up with excuses why they can't ship them yet. It's starting to irritate me. I mean how hard is it to drop a couple discs in the mail?

Anyone else have this problem before and what's the longest you waited?
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this include the vjp-900 face plate i've owed you for like 2 years? haha i think the reason why its taken so long is because i was hoping to drop it in a potentially bigger package that i might be sending you, but i seem to buy more stuff from you than you do me haha... it really only needs a small box i guess...
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha Tony, I forgot all about that. Yeah that whole fiasco didn't work out too well did it. Has it been that long? I guess I chalked that one up to, if I see it then cool but if not then no big deal. I have bought stuff from you but you seem to always forget about the faceplate when you send me other stuff. Maybe someday though.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've waited for a promised Pioneer CT-F950 for two years now from another forum's owner (audio and amp repair) but since he is a an oil company co-owner in the recovery and equipment business in Wyoming it's very understandable right now.

Meanwhile I will be that one Pioneer cassette deck away from completing the collection of 1970-1980 silver faced models I always wanted, along with two of the last Pioneer reel to reel deck, RT-707 and 909

I've also owned two of their 8-track recorders, H-R100 with Dolby B and I sold my H-R99 to a friend before he move to Arizona (and he always brought large bags of food for my cats...one is named for him).

I waited SEVEN years to get a Pioneer SA-6500 II fixed, only to have it lost by the repairman when diabetes forced him to retire and it seem that one of his kids misplaced it while they were moving.

I now have that model and it TX-6500 II twin. I parted another 6500 II to give an American friend overseas a power board and transformer for her set.

Even without anyone owing my something I've still waited years and years for many things. You either go and find them or you don't.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how long its been but you still have a SJT-300 coming your way soon too Steven. Sorry for the delay.

An update on the discs from the UK. I flipped out on the person and they apologized, with excuses, and shipped my discs. I expect they will be here in a couple weeks.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
Ha ha Tony, I forgot all about that. Yeah that whole fiasco didn't work out too well did it. Has it been that long? I guess I chalked that one up to, if I see it then cool but if not then no big deal. I have bought stuff from you but you seem to always forget about the faceplate when you send me other stuff. Maybe someday though.
dont worry, you will get it Smile sooooon! i promise! lol deep down inside i just wanted to send you a working vtr that you could enjoy Sad
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nice motherboard show up at my doorstep today with CPU and memory mounted from AUSTRALIA that was promised to me as a gift so I'm pretty happy. AMD AM2+, 1200 MHz FSB and 4 GB of DDR2 1066 MHz that I can add more 1066 to, and ready to put in the case and load Windows.

And lunch was very nice. Hope your day is getting better, Josh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: