CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Player and why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Favorite Player and why? Reply with quote

Pretty self explanatory, we all have that one player that gets used more than the others, or maybe there is a player you have been wanting. What's y'alls favorite player and why?

For me, I'd have to say my Sears 934.54800250 is my favorite player, although it doesn't get the most use. It's not even the first player I ever got or have anything special about it. I just like how smooth it operates, I like that it's a manual load so I can use any disc in it, even broken corners, although I don't keep discs that have broken corners, other than a handful of ones I got that are in absolute mint condition. But I digress.

As far as a player that I would want, I owned most players on the list at some time or another but if I ever see another VP550 I would probably pick that up. Otherwise I just got a SKT400 which I have been wanting since day 1.

What about you?
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that my favorite player based on appearance is my Sears 934.5480350 player. I like its sliver color, it is a stereo player and it is very smooth and quiet during playback.

I have an SJT-400 player that needs some work that may replace the Sears player as my favorite. The reviews that I have read about it imply that the 400 player is the best that RCA produced. We will see about that. The player needs the transfer rod coupling replaced first. I replaced the coupling on a 200 player and broke 2 of them before I finally got the third one to work. I hope I do not go through the same routine with the 400.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like my sears player too, but i love my vp4000 it looks so sleek and i love the green number display!
i like my j players but because of the transfer rod, they can potentially harm a disc, so i am a fan of the manual load machines like my sgt250 Smile which is a runner up for favorite along my sears
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also agree that the Sears players are my favorite. The 250 series with the woodgrain and green counter is soooooo smooth and quiet. I have a SJT 400 and it plays well but there is something about the Sears players I like better. I also like the Toshiba players not that they are the best playing but they are cool inside. RCA is OK but very vanilla.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is the SGT-250, since it loads easily, starts playing quickly and lets you play dual-audio discs in straight stereo (the 2nd track is recorded out of phase, so on a surround system you get the main audio in the center and the 2nd track in the surrounds.)
Ihearttv

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGT-250 with 5 Button Remote Control
CEDvince

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SGT-200. I love the silver face, it's a manual load player and it's stereo. It's the best of all worlds!
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: