CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Workshop 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supplies would be the folder and paperwork, shirt, and several "gifts" that everyone will get.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: A lot of us can't go Reply with quote

to the CED Workshop, but would appreciate the package.

We could support the event from a distance and help it succeed even without us.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without the 'gifts'...
Pacattack76

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna pass on this. Too far and no shirt, oh well.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
I have confirmation that Pam will be attending. Pam used to work for RCA during the Videodisc manufacturing at Rockville Road. She is a wealth of knowledge and it will be great to have her there. Thanks Pam.

I can't wait to meet Pam!!!!! and pick her brain!! are we still going to get to see the factory?
SKT-100
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Pam will be attending and yes we will see the factory.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if this happened. If so, are there any juicy tidbits to share ? Also, any word if anything was filmed that we can view or purchase? On a side note I was bidding on a 400 series selectavision player with remote but didn't get it. I bid 201 or something but it sold for 222.50. Maybe next time. It was not working/as is deal.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The workshop went great. Best workshop ever! A special thank you to all who attended and helped to keep the format alive! For all those who were unable to make it, here is what you missed out on...

This last photo is left overs that are for sale, contact me at videodiscjunkie@gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing anything.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just about kicking myself in the seat of the pants for not going. I hate the drive down there mainly because I don't really have a nice straight shot down there. I have to drive either west with a little bit of south thrown in for about a little over an hour and then go south or drive to the east for pretty close to an hour then south. Either way that makes about a 4 hour drive. If I would go straight south it's about 5 and a half hour drive.
Anyway, looks like evryone had a good time. What's the story with the phonolube? Also along those same lines was there any talk of what lube was used on the discs? I have some spray stuff called greaseless lubricant that sprays on and then dries. After that it doesn't really seem as though anything is on the part that has been sprayed but it does lubricate somehow. I used it on a machine at work that ground carbide cutters for a milling machine or lathe and if you used a regular oil or some other type of "wet" lube it really attracted the carbide dust and produced a "slurry" in between mating moving parts which then acted as an abrasive. With this greaseless lube it lubricated the parts, but since it was dry it didn't attract that carbide dust. I thought at some point in time I'd research what is in that greaseless lube and then perhaps experiment with a disc or two that I don't care for. That can of lube I have must be around 20 years old or more.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the workshop was a blast. Maybe you could come next year. I was going to ask John what kind of silicone was on the discs when he was talking about it but forgot. He said the discs were stamped then immediately put in a bath of some kind to clean all the debris and impurities off the disc then sprayed with the silicone to seal them. They shouldn't require any cleaning other than what the stylus does and if you do need to rinse them you should only use distilled water and then spin the disc dry, don't use a cloth. If the silicone layer did get removed somehow your stylus will eat the plastic if you try to play it. He said he will play ok for that first play but after that it will skip like crazy, and you risk breaking your stylus. Plus all the plastic scraped off by he stylus gunks it up and it doesn't work as good after that until you clean it.

The phonolube is the equivalent of the Rykon O Grease that RCA recommended for lubricating the metal on plastic and plastic on plastic parts of the players. They no longer make the same Rykon O grease anymore. You can still get omnilube, RCA's recommended lubricant for the turntable shafts and some other components, but it's only available in a 5 gallon bucket. John still has some smaller viles for sale. Just email him through the CEDatum website.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the plant get used for something else? I assume you just visited the site and couldn't really enter much.

I hope we can see some footage on You Tube or even on the main site soon! Just some sneak peaks would be nice.

You have an email.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven, That front entrance and those towers are about the only recognizable things anymore. I spoke with someone who was just leaving and he said the inside has been remodeled many times with many different businesses over the years there is nothing left of what was there in the 80's.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these pics are awesome!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got your money sent yesterday and since a letter got to Illinois yesterday I sent Friday I'm hoping it gets there about as fast. I wish I could have made it but I don't get that far on a bicycle. Thank you for offering the shirt and materials!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: