CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As I sit in this forum...alone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: As I sit in this forum...alone. Reply with quote

Been stuck at a desk at work with nothing to do for the last few days so I've been checking up on the forum. Not much happens in here day to day. Kinda a lonely place. Just me and my thoughts. I know it's off topic but it's what's on my mind. Getting a Bearded Dragon tonight. Not for me but as an Anniversary gift for the wife. She's been wanting one for a while and I saw someone selling one on craigslist with all the stuff for it. Was a good pice so I figured why not, will make her happy. At least till the next road trip to pick up some rare disc or player, lol. So what animals does everyone here have. We also have a cat and some fish. We live in town right now so I really don't want to get a dog. It seems like everyone in our neighborhood has one though. I am constantly finding surprises in my yard from the folks who don't like to pick up after their dogs. Just what I want to step in when I'm mowing the yard. But oh well. Looking forward to this dragon though. They are kinda cool so it shouldn't be so bad. He is already 7 years old and they only live 8-14 years. So I figure it will be good for her for a couple years and then if she decides she likes it she can get a baby and raise it. Anyone else have lizards?
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a hedgehog. I thought they'd be kind of cool but I kind of regret it now. They really don't like light and they're made to see really good in the dark, which probably explains why they don't like the light. They are very timid also. I pretty much gave up on any "bonding" with her. So I just fresh water and fresh food and clean her exercise wheel every day. Check on her every now and then. She's not awake very much.
I've got a julianna pig also. They are a pig that doesn't get big. It's not a potbelly , I had one of those before, they get pretty big for a house pig (175 lbs??) . This julliana is full grown and she's probably 50 lbs or so. They pack quite a bit of weight into their body. She's really nice. In the cold weather she lives in the house and at night I bring her in the house. Then when ever she wants to hang out outside I let her out. I bring her in at night because occasionally coyotes come around. She was using a litterbox but now she's sleeping in the litterbox. She goes out so often she doesn't really need the litterbox. I have a big dog kennel she stays in and the end of it is open with the litterbox right outside of that open end. If I don't keep her in there she ends up rearranging carpet runners/throw rug type things into a pile. I got a big bed for her that she slept on a couple times. For the most part she's pretty happy in her "area". Most of the time in the house she's always sleeping then if she goes outside she walks around eating grass. I got her a little over a year ago when she was about 6 months old. It's 6:30 in the morning and I can hear that she has woke up, so I'll go upstairs and let her outside and she'll either stay out and walk around or just go out to the bathroom and come back in. probably come back in because I think it's raining a little. I think she likes being dry because she doesn't always want to go out in the rain.
Good luck with your pet. Sounds like a good way to find out if it's a good fit without such a long commitment.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought a hedgehog would be neat but yeah doesn't sound very exciting. Got the Bearded Dragon last night and he is a pretty cool guy. We put him on the floor and he runs around and explores. And doing a little research they will eat just about anything, from ants to small mice, and any kind of greens, vegetables, fruits, etc. Pretty cool. Your pig sounds neat. I've always wondered, people who have pet pigs, when the pig dies do you eat it? No offence or anything just curious? Sounds like a cool pet. Thanks for the response.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a potbelly there is so much fat that even though the pig looks pretty big there wouldn't be much meat. The pig I have now doesn't really have much fat but I imagine it wouldn't be worth the effort to butcher it. I had another one before this one and I'm not sure whhat it was. It wasn't julliana because they're always spotted (coloring wise not all one color) but it wasn't a potbelly but wasn't a fullsize pig. It was male and he turned violent to the point I wasn't going near him again. I unfortunately had to have my neighbor "take care of him". I felt really bad about it but alot of times males get really territorial and once a person gets scared around them the pig knows around that person the pig is sort of "the ruler". I spoke to the neighbor would someone want it for food and the answer was the amount of work for the small amount of meat just nobody would want to do it. Going to a farm was out of the question because regular pigs would probably kill it. Nobody would want it because it got so aggressive. The neighbor just kept a small rifle behind his back and dumped some food on the ground and when the pig started eating he just 'tapped" him in the back of the head. he buried it for me where he buried my potbelly, out in the corner of my back yard. The neighbor does excavating so he digs a hole about 6 or 7 feet deep. I felt terrible about it but he said the pig never knew what hit him because it never saw the rifle. One time when I was talking to the girl cutting my hair the girls there asked about eating the pig (when I had the potbelly) and I said "there's just too much fat and not enough meat" and one of the girls said "that sounds exactly like my ex-boyfriend- especially where it counts!". I had to think about that for a moment but I thought I understood what she meant??? After that I kept quiet. Good luck again with your pet. Sounds pretty interesting. It would probably like freeze dried meal worms. Hedgehog eats those. They're mostly meat eaters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: