CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets kick start this forum again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Lets kick start this forum again! Reply with quote

It would be nice to see some more activity here. So here's the plan. When you log in post 3 questions and respond to 3 questions. They can be about anything CED related. Maybe you want to know about PAL discs, maybe you want to know how many players there are, or the difference between a SFT100 and a SGT200, or what the hardest title was for everyone to find. Just make something up that's fun and exciting. Can't wait to see this forum take off again!
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure if its just me, or whatever, but the forums have been counterproductive for me, mostly because i frequently am having to retry posting to topics. most of the time i click quote, or reply to topic, and it kicks me to the main page, some times 3 times in a row...
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird. I guess I never "quote" anyone. I always just click reply.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting that...

OS and browser?

Here, it's Windows 7 and IE 11.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the questions I would post would lead to me shelling out money I don't necessarily have right now Wink (Like who wants to sell me Story of O?)
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OY!
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I felt bad making all these posts then waiting a whole week before I checked back and pretty much no one has been here. This place really is a ghost town. I hate to say facebook has killed it here since there is so much good information but it might not be worth Tom's time or money to maintain the forum anymore.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the forums are part of the main site, and we get a new member or two about every month still, it's not dead, and if you looked at traffic stats for cedmagic.com overall, along with Google hits, traffic from other sites about video formats, you'd probably be surprised.

No need to fret too much...I thought the 20 year old computer site I am part of was dead too earlier this year and found that the other main member was just busy.

I avoid Facebook like the plague if I can help it anyway...it's about as social as arguing about politics and somebody always wants a hamburger.

(A Wimpy joke)

Whether I actually post here or not I'm reading at least 4 days a week, usually more except when I'm really busy doing some massive spring cleaning (hey, I'm right on schedule!) or working to get my budget figured for the next month...or?

Or working to finish my third and final vintage bike for myself and finish that classic Pioneer cassette deck collection in time for my 50th birthday near the end of June. I have a lot of irons in the fire and not enough dogies to brand.

PS Only a CT-F950 to go...save me a t shirt or two and a package and get back to me soon.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, it seems like you are one of the few keeping this site alive. I see posts from Tony and Jesse now an then and thats about it. Been a long time since I've even seen Ryan post anything and it's always shocking us with new and awesome discoveries!

Since I was on here a week ago, there has been a whole 1 post. Someone asking about shipping discs. Sure there may be some people reading stuff here but without the interaction it gets a little lonely.

I do enjoy the forum but it just seems there is never anything new here is all.

We should have some left over stuff from the workshop Chris, so I will let you know when it's over. I'm bringing that 300 player I promised you as well. Maybe John has a solution for the wobble. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except I'm Steven.

If MEMORY is the first thing to go, that explains why my VCR ate CATS.

PS I still can't pedal from Oregon to Indiana! My old counselor is from Jennings County tho'...home of Nixon's mother and author Jessamyn West

I'll support CED Magic at any rate, give me a month to recover from the budget I'm going through by morning. Cool
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a lot easier to give advice on the forums and stuff is easier to find here, instead of 130 people all just clicking like and never actually getting anywhere... post board forums are the world of 15 years ago, and for most people with social media its an unnecessary means of communication, but i think a niche technology like ced deserves a niche form of communication, no? plus i like the forums because they are almost like a secret meeting place for the people who really care about ced stuff...
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you don't have junk about fake celebrities and makeup products, poorly written clickbait articles and javascript that wants to eat your browser alive...

That is more anti-social than social, which so true it's pfunny, because it's so pfake.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. I appr3ciate Josh for all the effort. I haven't been in here much lately, but I go to other parts of CEDmagic at least weekly. I will start showing my face back in here again more often!!! When I joined back 6 years ago, I don't there there were very many active people here, Jessie, and DeanJeep. In fact, the very first time I came in, it had been months since anyone had posted then it seemed to come to life again. I agree, lets all make te effort to at least post in here!!!!
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one thing...I need more titles!

And I don't/won't ever get Paypal.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, do you have a list of titles you are looking for. If I have them I can set them aside for you and you can just mail me a check or MO when you get the funds. I will also have t-shirts and workshop supplies after the workshop too.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can compile one, but my name is still Steven Wink
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Steven. Who am I thinking of named Chris, that's going to bug me now. I was thinking it was you because I had got an email from someone here named Chris and it stuck out in my head because there is a different Chris on the facebook page. But I looked at my email and I don't have any on there from a Chris, just from you. Weird. My apologies.

Yeah get me a list and I'll see what I have. Like I said before, I am going to be downsizing and letting go around 800-1200 discs. But of course the only ones anyone ever wants is Goonies, Back to the Future, Weird Science, etc. Nobody ever wants The Godfather, or Jane Fonda, etc. the common stuff. But I will see what I can do. And I'm going to have John take a look at that SJT300 with the wobbly picture. Hopefully it's an easy solution for him and then I can get that sent out to you as well. Thanks.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Don Corleone is groovy. Let me shoot you an email after a bit.
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I be the Chris you were thinking about? I sent you a response about downsizing your disc hoard last week. In the words of Yoda, "There is anotherrrrrrrrrr............"
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Chris, you are the Chris I was referring to on facebook. I swear there was another Chris that emailed me about something but now I can't find it. Maybe I'm loosing my mind in my old age (31) lol. But since I can't find that Chris I guess you'll have to do Chris W. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: