CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA SJT 100 servo/arm not always moving!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitskaboodle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: RCA SJT 100 servo/arm not always moving! Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a SFT 100 with this problem: when you switch it from load/unload to play, I can see the servo motor/gear assembly starts turning for about 2 seconds but then stops. The arm should start to move toward the center of the disc but it does not move from its starting point. (Yes, the disc is spinning up properly) I also checked the servo belt and it seems fine and doesn't seem to be slipping. Occasionally it seems to "fix itself" when you start turning the servo gears by hand (helping it out) or pushing the fast forward and reverse switches. This will sometimes "free up" the arm and allow it to move. By the way, when its in the "arm not moving mode", the display wiil show two dashes rather than 0. (at the start)
Your input please? Thanks, Kit
Kitskaboodle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and tested the servo motor for dc power. It gets power just briefly when the lever is pushed from load/unload to play. (only for about 1 second total) Then the power to the motor cuts right off. So, what controls the servo motor to turn off and on and when? Kit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: