CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi PAL/UK with IR remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertsradios

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Hitachi PAL/UK with IR remote Reply with quote

Hi from the UK. I resurected a couple of my CED players. I tried a GEC/McMichael which worked ok but no Red in the output (Video and RF), cable remote works ok. I also tried a Hitachi with none working IR remote control. The Hitachi had problems with loading. So, I took the board (with tray) out of the Hitachi and put it into the GEC. Result normal colour. At this point I wondered if the IR remote could be transferred over. Looking at the connections they both have a 3 wire cable. So I took the cable remote out (it plugs into the main board) and swapped it with the IR module. Tried it but nothing. Is the transmitter working? I can't see IR but my Sony camcorder can. Set up Sony, point remote at it. Result, no light. Take IR apart. Looks ok inside. Take out IR PCB and underneath there was battery corrosion. Clean it all off. Result, nothing. Look closer and notice a track had been eaten by acid. Out with soldering iron, replace track. Now I can see IR light through the Sony camcorder. Point at CED and hey presto it works. On with the Hitachi cover and dive into my CED collection. These things are great and so easy to work on, everything seems to be interchangeable between Hitachi and GEC. All the bits I put back into the GEC which will be the subject of another thread. Regards robertsradios
brother

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Gec /Hitachi Reply with quote

These are the same machines under the cover - the hitachi was available with or with remote (not sure about GEC) - and as you discovered the boards can be swapped about.

It is good to see someone else on the forum with interest from the uk.

Kind regards
robertsradios

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the comments. Anyone else from the UK? Last time I checked I had 230 unique titles and 235 duplicates. Do you have a list of what you have got and what you want to swap? One for one?
Regards Bob
brother

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Hi Bob Reply with quote

funny enough I have just rebooted my pc to catalogue my CED disks - as i have no idea how many i have at moment or their titles.

Have you discovered Cucat yet? (Loads of them on E-bay) this is a small scanner that you can use to read the bar code on the ced caddy - then using the excell database on CED Magic it will give you the title list against the bar code. NB make sure if you dont know to save time/hassall need to get a modified cuecat

I let you know here what ive got in the near future
Kind regards
steve spill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: