CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's so quiet in here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: It's so quiet in here... Reply with quote

Not much traffic in here as of late it would seem. Most folks are on the facebook pages so not much seems to happen here lately. What's the good word for those not on the social media spectrum? Anyone get any good discs lately? Good stories? How is everyone personally?

I myself have not had too many great scores as of late, but that may change soon. The gentleman selling 1100 disc and 9 players on ebay about 3 hours north of me has come down from $1200 to $200 with still no one bidding. If he relists it for $100 I may just have to make a trip up there.

As for myself personally, I am doing pretty good. Started a new job last month as a Security Guard at a School. It's pretty low key and there is really not much to complain about so I won't, lol. It's the first job I've had with benefits in close to 10 years so I'm a happy camper.

I hope all is well with everyone else and don't be a stranger.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just been popping in and out, most seem to favor the facebook, but sometimes when people post problems here its easier to find the question for reference than when it gets buried on facebook. sometimes it takes awhile of thinking and i have to come back to a question a few times to analyze it...

if that player disc lot works out i wana try to get a non j/k parts player from the lot if possibe ( im also still looking for an sft100 cover ( i have a sgt cover on an sft )
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Tony. I will let you know. I do agree things get burried on facebook. It was worse before they added the search feature. Now its a little easier to find an old post but you have to be pretty specific in what you are looking for. The nice part about the forum here is it's here forever. It would be nice if there was more going on here but I find myself away for months at a time too.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much news with me. Last month I picked up a collection of CED's from a teacher about 25 miles from me. This added 247 CED's to my collection. Included with the CED's was an SJT-400 player. The CED's and the player cost me about 1 gallon of gas.

During inventory, I found some odd ones and 48 duplicates. I had 1-RCA Preview Album before counting. After counting, I now have 5. I have a copy of The Empire Strikes Back that I bought 30+ years ago. After counting, I have 5 copies with one of them still in cellophane. One of the VR CED's is the $19.99 CED Preview Videodisc that I found in the collection. I also got the Holocaust 4 CED set.

Interactive CED's I now have are: A Week at the Races, Many Roads to Murder, DisneyDisc of Mystery and Magic, The Entertainment Game (2 copies) and Murder Anyone

All in all, the added collection increased my movie count to 756. (I now have Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory coming on DVD so the 756 will be 757 shortly.) I haven't counted my VHS tapes yet either.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Gunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: checking in Reply with quote

Hey gang. Hope all is well. My Video Disc hobby is alive and well also. I recently picked up a few good scores.....a couple of players that need some TLC (Fury I will look for your expertise next time I am in Detroit...) I also scored a bunch of great titles including a half dozen music CED that are still in shrink wrap (mostly vintage rock bands). That's about it for me.......)

Gunner (from the great white north)
SJT400 x 2
SGT250
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm alive and doing a million things more than my mind can handle at once, just finishing making the Christmas packages for another forum,s site I live (fourth year) and working on fixing what I can and getting ready for winter.

(when I was a kid, we used to have something called Winter and it would get cold and stuff called SNOW would fall from the clouds, thaw and freeze again, and this was God's way of showing us who couldn't drive worth crap)

Someday my Frankenstereo will come, Spinderella!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: